Lets Talk OLED! New TV 65" +

thedude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im upgrading my tv from an old 55" LG OLED E6.

I was looking at 77" not sure if its just too big and pound for pound the Sony a80j looked the best.
Now I'm thinking a 54" maybe more suited for the room (which is a shame) but anyways. Im now comparing A80J, A90J, G1

The A80J being 1800 seems like a steal, the a90j looks to have improved HDR performance and the G1 looks better for HDR but less favourable on colours and motion.
Anyone want to wade in?

This TV will be used for watching, Virgin, loads of sport, 4k blurays and the usual streaming channels

I would stick with the Sony . I have the G6 from the same era as your E6 and Lg replaced the power supply earlier this year and it's left me with 2 red strips of banding at top and bottom of the screen . Obviously out of warranty so I'm now left with a lemon as a new panel would cost £3K ( better spent on a newer set ? )

As well as the reviews on Avforums you can get plenty of info on Flatpanels and Displayspecs and don't forget Black Friday is coming up so keep an eye out for specials !

Good Luck!

~M~

The current price of the A80J is not a steal, it will be a steal when its closer to 1500 not 1800. It's still overpriced. But that's true of most TVs now if you're only looking at 2021 models. TV pricing follows the same trend each year, and BF each year is usually the first time to start shopping for a TV, it's not the best time.

If you can afford the A90J it's got better sound built in, the latest panel (like the LG G1) and a cooling backplate so it can get very bright. It's basically the best TV you can buy right now.

Or, look to save some money and see if there's some 77" stock from last year, for example the Sony AG9 or LG CX/GX.

The current price of the A80J is not a steal, it will be a steal when its closer to 1500 not 1800. It's still overpriced. But that's true of most TVs now if you're only looking at 2021 models. TV pricing follows the same trend each year, and BF each year is usually the first time to start shopping for a TV, it's not the best time.

If you can afford the A90J it's got better sound built in, the latest panel (like the LG G1) and a cooling backplate so it can get very bright. It's basically the best TV you can buy right now.

Or, look to save some money and see if there's some 77" stock from last year, for example the Sony AG9 or LG CX/GX.
Yeah the a90j is affordable, my issue is its over a 1500 more than the a80j.
Currently only looking at 21 models.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom