Let's talk mouse & keyboard

I did batman games on keyboard/mouse, same with tombraider. I play GTA with keyboard/mouse as well.

Even something like Elite I was playing with keyboard/mouse but did pick up a joystick, not got around to actually playing it much to learn how to use it.

I would use a controller if I was going to play fifa and do use it when I played gauntlet for a change.

Just was never able to play any FPS on a controller but then I've never bought myself a console either so it's not been a requirement to need one.

FIFA on mouse & keyboard must be funny :D

I've played FIFA on keyboard, not well I might say, but still played it with goals scored and even won a game or two :D

One thing I would recommend for learning to play with a mouse is get a nice big mouse mat and turn your mouse DPI fairly low (400-600). If you watch pros play they mostly do large arm movements, not just short wrist movements. It took me a while to realise this by you have so much more control once you are used to the technique. Plenty of youtube videos on the subject.

I'm a mix, I have a PC in the living room and one in an office. I used to be Mouse/Keyboard for everything, but more games are designed primarily for console these days and pad controls usually work fine and are more relaxing in front of the TV with that type of game.

I use M+K for RPG/Strategy games of course, but single-player FPS I use game pad. I don't really play multi-player FPS games (but Doom is rather good..) but I'm so bad at them that it really doesn't matter what controls I use!

Friend of mine is using this, some MMO dedicated mouse from what I gathered :

IMG-20160512-WA0016_zpsvvg1nb2s.jpg

Why does it need the big white light? To see if ur thumbnail is too long for gaming? Lol
Looks great but not a fan of the light. Backlit buttons yeah.

It's a really well reviewed mouse.

That would be too many buttons for me - I prefer them on the left hand (as I said on a G13) to allow the mouse to focus on the aiming part (which I need the most help with :D)

For example playing MWO I run two weapon groups on mouse but 4 on the G13.

Can anyone recommend me a wired mouse?

I use a claw grip and like a symmetrical shape (even though I'm right handed so I don't need something special). I also do not want a mouse that requires custom drivers and has too many buttons, although I like the idea of extra 2 buttons on the thumb area.

I don't play many PC games but would like to start (play pretty much a wide variety of games from shooters to RPGs to RTS) but I use a mouse all day for work stuff and browsing the web. So I have no idea about DPI settings and weights and switches.

I'm also not a fan of loads of custom lighting or extra stuff like that.

I was looking at a Tournament Pro FinalMouse but they are hardly ever in stock (they have a new revision due in a few months).

I use a claw grip and like a symmetrical shape (even though I'm right handed so I don't need something special). I also do not want a mouse that requires custom drivers and has too many buttons, although I like the idea of extra 2 buttons on the thumb area.

I don't play many PC games but would like to start (play pretty much a wide variety of games from shooters to RPGs to RTS) but I use a mouse all day for work stuff and browsing the web. So I have no idea about DPI settings and weights and switches.

I was looking at a Tournament Pro FinalMouse but they are hardly ever in stock (they have a new revision due in a few months).

I'm using one of these , Mionix Castor USB Optical Gaming Mouse: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
all tho i don't use it for gaming , it's really comfortable to use , and has many a good reviews from some of tech reviewers on that youtube thingy website.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
So I bought Bioshock Infinite for a fiver for the sole purpose of trying to learn mouse & keyboard controls (was on my Xbox 360 pile of shame). This is hard! I keep on using W/A to turn instead of the mouse and everything seems so fast I feel a bit of motion sickness. Looks like a very very steep learning curve but I'll try to give it a proper chance. Could do with any piece of advice from someone who's been there.

So I bought Bioshock Infinite for a fiver for the sole purpose of trying to learn mouse & keyboard controls (was on my Xbox 360 pile of shame). This is hard! I keep on using W/A to turn instead of the mouse and everything seems so fast I feel a bit of motion sickness. Looks like a very very steep learning curve but I'll try to give it a proper chance. Could do with any piece of advice from someone who's been there.

Turn your sensitively down on your mouse if you think it is too fast.

Thanks that helped. Tried it all the way down but it was painfully slow so I increased it just a touch from there and it's much better now.
I really feel like I'm learning an instrument, it's already frustrating but I suppose that's to be expected. Had enough for a day, we'll see how it goes :)

If u haven't already purchased one and still looking, I have a EVGA TORQ X3 I purchased in Nov 2015. No charge, unless the Postage is crazy lol don't know the current rates. Anywho i Used it till I was gifted new setup from the woman in feb and fell victim to shiny lights.
JduXUowh.jpg

If u haven't already purchased one and still looking, I have a EVGA TORQ X3 I purchased in Nov 2015. No charge, unless the Postage is crazy lol don't know the current rates. Anywho i Used it till I was gifted new setup from the woman in feb and fell victim to shiny lights.View attachment 749275

Thanks, but I picked up a Zowie FK1. I'm really happy with it but I'm still rubbish at gaming with it :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom