lets see what it is like

DA7

For thge poor unfortunate ones of us who cant get one. Can any of you lucky sods who have one please start posting some pics of the Wii in action and with the details of what cables you are using.....

stepp

Novice Member
Its like a gamecube with added wavey arms......do not pay over the odds for one, trust me they become boring pretty quick. Yes zelda is good but if you have cube buy it on that.

The Wii is a cube with a new contoller, nothing more nothing less

Ive got one but ill admitt that in 1-2 years time this console will go the same way as the cube.

Macron

Banned
I disagree.

I think we haven't seen anything like what the Wii is capable of yet.

Zelda is a very old game which was developed for the cube anyway.

Just wait for the next Zelda game, and Mario.

DA7

never had a ninty but the Wii has got me very interested. Hence the reason i wanted pics of it in action and whih cable.

stepp

Novice Member
@ MACRON

AT 8:19 you were to busy playing zelda yet youve just posted 10 mins later.

Hmmmmm as i said its good but not that good.

mpy32

Novice Member

Just wait for the next Zelda game, and Mario.

dont get your hopes up their record on the last two consoles was crap

true mario games

n64 mario 64

gamecube mario sunshine

zelda games

n64

oot

gamecube

windwalkers

Four Swords Adventures(think this was a remake???)

stepp

Novice Member
"Nope, too busy playing Zelda, sorry"

Yeah i can really see the joke in that post .......:rolleyes:

nickp8

Novice Member
@ MACRON

AT 8:19 you were to busy playing zelda yet youve just posted 10 mins later.

Hmmmmm as i said its good but not that good.
So what? What does it matter to you. Some people ...
:rolleyes:

And how was your 1st reply to the post relevant to the OP post. He asked for pictures and what cable people used.

Nickp.

davidcharles

i think its great....something different to the 360 / ps3 brigade....yes at the minute the games don't really look THAT great but the potenteil is there....

having seen mario galaxy running and some of the better sections in zelda, there is definatley better to come...

high def ultra snazzy graphics don't always mean a good game ...the wii has the chance to be different and change the way we play our games....

Te Bheag

Novice Member
Just had a quick peek at STEPP's post history (click on his name and you'll see the option, for those who don't know), doesn't look too impressive, certainly little constructive contribution, so I think I know how to take his antics in future. I was hoping that the Mods comments a couple of weeks ago about inclusive and welcoming forums would be heeded.

Back to topic - I haven't received my Wii yet (on order), but I've played on one and what impressed me is the quality of gameplay and the sheer fun to be had, watching others play is good fun too! There is another post here which does have 'action' shots of the Wii for you.

Lin3ar

Distinguished Member
i think its great....something different to the 360 / ps3 brigade....yes at the minute the games don't really look THAT great but the potenteil is there....

having seen mario galaxy running and some of the better sections in zelda, there is definatley better to come...

high def ultra snazzy graphics don't always mean a good game ...the wii has the chance to be different and change the way we play our games....

Here here:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
At the end of the day, no-one makes games quite like Nintendo do.Roll on Super Mario Galaxy.:smashin: :smashin:

addyb

Distinguished Member
Yep the wii could end up like the gamecube in 2 years time but what the hell im sure if that did happen then i will have played and own enough quality games to keep me occupied for another couple of years on top of that. I still play plenty of GC games with my mates such as monkey ball 1&2, Smash bros, mario parties etc and still enjoy resi 4, f-zero to name a few.
People just love to put down nintendo products at times. Im pretty sure that if microsoft or sony brought out the same kind of controller then everyone would be wetting themselves over it, just like they do now with the xbox games in HD!!! :D

Oh btw i do own a 360 but its all fancy eye candy and not a great deal else at the mo!

dan1979

Its like a gamecube with added wavey arms......do not pay over the odds for one, trust me they become boring pretty quick.

Wasn't the PS2 just a PS1 with a different drive and more polygons? Xbox360 just an Xbox with better graphics?

Whether it becomes boring depends on what games come out, no reason why the controllers can't be used like a regular pad.