Let's Play - Canon release details of their new 'entry level' SLR

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
Ok, not sure how this will be taken but I've done a bit more PP than I normally would.... ;)

Considering I set the theme, I almost didn't get a shot together in time due to a combination of time and decision making! In the end, I was inspired by a billboard advert for the new 450D which is being branded with the tag "Let's Play" (http://www.canon.co.uk/letsplay/), and when my little lad started 'taking' my picture I got what I needed.

I basically took about 25 shots trying to get a pose I was happy with and none of them were perfect but I think this one is natural enough :)

PP was basically a red/brown colour tone and a slight soften to give it a look of a stylised advert. I then had to 'fake' a 1000D logo from a 40D logo and finished off with a product shot which was a seperate image.

Exif of main image:

Camera: Canon EOS 400D Digital
Exposure: 0.04 sec (1/25)
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 40 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 0/3 EV
Flash: Flash fired

Cheers
Steve

tryingtimes

Well I guess I'll take it as it was intended and not comment on whether it's suitable or not - I always think that's best left to the voting.

I like the main image - the soften does make it look quite well suited to the advert - contrasting against the clean white edges. It doesn't quite make me think that Canon would have used it though as he's not really taking a photo. But I think I can see what you are getting at - a slightly jokey image.

The image on the bottom right looks spot on - in fact I didn't really notice it at first because it sat so well!

Nicely done, but I think for me, the main image would need to stand on it's own a bit more to make it onto my shortlist this month.

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the comments, all valid. It's amazing how hard it is to get a 15 month old to pose properly..he's just not trained well enough yet!

I agree about the main image. Like I said above, not the exact shot I had in mind but it fitted the bill.

Cheers
Steve

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom