"Let's Go Pokemon: Eevee/Pikachu"

pburke90

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Apparently, details of the game are due to be revealed before the end of the month and some form of tie/link to Pokémon Go is rumoured. Apparently there are two versions being released and the names used will "raise a few eyebrows". Anyone else excited for this? I wonder if we will get accessories for the Swith to enhance gameplay when out and about like the bluetooth adapter that's available for Go? There are also rumours it's a remix/enhancement of Kanto. Would you be happy with this?

Ooh, where did you read that?

If it ties in to Pokémon Go, that could prove very, very interesting indeed. Would certainly ruin my life...! I like Go, but it was a bit too grindy.

Kanto alone wouldn't be big enough for Switch; it needs to be newer/different (multi-region) to make it work, but multi-region makes it tricky with a second region's gyms and level requirements (as you're typically lv50-lv60 at end game to beat gyms) - but then Gold/Silver did it, right?

I'm excited for Pokémon. But they need a solution to get all existing 'mon on the Switch without having to buy all the old games on different systems. That's the kicker for me.

Ah found the various news gubbinses.

Mixed views on the source, but Emily Rogers also says "not specified if it is a core, spinoff or remake of older / gen 8 game". Vague at best :D

Gyms are a bit antiquated now aren't they? I never found any challenge in them from Diamond/Pearl onwards. Never played Sun & Moon though so I don't know whether the Totem thing was a successful replacement or not. One solution would be to level up your player character with each battle/captured Pokemon and then scale the gyms according to that. Would mean everyone gets a challenge even if their team is vastly overlevelled.

Gyms are a bit antiquated now aren't they? I never found any challenge in them from Diamond/Pearl onwards. Never played Sun & Moon though so I don't know whether the Totem thing was a successful replacement or not. One solution would be to level up your player character with each battle/captured Pokemon and then scale the gyms according to that. Would mean everyone gets a challenge even if their team is vastly overlevelled.
Scaling has never been in a Pokémon game before now if I'm not mistaken, so it could be a welcome challenge, but similarly, would make younger players find it harder to over-level.

Gym badges (or equivalent) limited it somewhat (disobedience from Pokémon), but it always allowed for decent headroom.

The only way to make pokemon challenging in single player is to do the nuzlocke method

I’m a bit sad and miss the original #150

Knew everyone of them, their weakness, strengths, my favourites, even what numbers they were - and have somehow managed to retain those details, though struggle to remember what I did last week!

I’m a bit sad and miss the original #150

Knew everyone of them, their weakness, strengths, my favourites, even what numbers they were - and have somehow managed to retain those details, though struggle to remember what I did last week!
I still remember my windows 98 cd key :(

Serebii.net are reporting a widely known rumour about the Switch version, apparently called Pokemon Let's Go. It'll come in two flavours, Pikachu and Eevee editions and will be revealed later this month. There's talk that it's a remake of Pokemon Yellow and links with Pokemon Go somehow.

I imagine the links to Go will be having to use the Joy-Cons to "throw" the Pokeballs to catch your Pokemon, and if in handheld mode, you'd use the touchscreen.

I imagine the links to Go will be having to use the Joy-Cons to "throw" the Pokeballs to catch your Pokemon, and if in handheld mode, you'd use the touchscreen.
I think it will be to do with walking around to gain candy and exp maybe?

Real-time raids and gym battles perhaps?

The website domains have been filed for both games so looks like this rumour is legit.

The Switch can't be used out and about, unless the stop/gym has public wifi close to it, so the integration with Go, if any, will be rather light.

The Switch can't be used out and about, unless the stop/gym has public wifi close to it, so the integration with Go, if any, will be rather light.
I think it might be a case of uploading a pokemon to the cloud from the Switch game, to then level up as you walk around in the real world in Pokémon Go perhaps? Something to that effect, whereby you don't need PoGo, but it's an added bonus.

Maybe!

I think it might be a case of uploading a pokemon to the cloud from the Switch game, to then level up as you walk around in the real world in Pokémon Go perhaps? Something to that effect, whereby you don't need PoGo, but it's an added bonus.

Maybe!

Like the pokewalker but a lot more interactive.

When we expecting to hear anything on this confirmed?

We're getting the reveal "before the end of the month" apparently and if that is true you can bet there'll be a sizeable feature at E3 for it. The next month will be very interesting.

Well, not long to go either way, and this has to go one of two ways from what I can see - full-blown Pokémon experience (likely) or F2P link to PoGo (possibly, but unlikely at this point in Switch life).

My mind is pondering how we get hold of prior generations. I had about 500 'mon in my bank, before I accidentally deleted my NNID on my 3DSXL. What a pleb :( I might have to get another 3DSXL and Pokémon Bank again one day, depending on how this one integrates.

The GTS was pretty good for getting some decent 'mon (I got a perfect 6EV starter a few times) and SuMo were good for breeding due to the mechanics in the game.

I'm quite excited. If we also get some sort of Final Fantasy announcement, I think I might pop.

Don’t know if this is the same game discussed but Pokemon Quest is Free to download from the eShop.
18BD8E88-9AB7-4985-9334-470B0FE14786.jpeg

Love the fact you can catch Pokemon using the Go app on your phone and then transfer them to the game on the Switch.

Lets hope there will be enough Poke balls available because they will sell out in no time!

I was half right at least. ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom