Question Let's Count It Up! How Many People Got the Illusive ZA to ZD Upgrade?

Kamak

Novice Member
Reaction score
Let's count it up then. Give us a head count. Put your acknowledgement reply here.

And Thank You. And Merry Christmas!

100+ views and not one reply. Looks like an urban myth to me!

Last edited:
I did. Happy Christmas x

I did. Happy Christmas x
Do you know if it is still going on? Are people still getting it? How much technical knowledge do you have regarding why some ZA owners got it and others didn't? Is it a compatibility issue or a LG economic rational issue?

PS: You're 1:130, You're still in the urban myth category. (I'm kidding, but it seem so "illusive" as I've pointed out. How many people do you think got it? Guestamation? All of Britain? Spain? What have you heard?

Last edited:
I know quite a few people in the U.K. Have had the upgrade and have heard of a couple in Europe.

Can I ask what this is? Not sure what ZD or ZA is?

Can I ask what this is? Not sure what ZD or ZA is?

It's the mysteriously illusive varifiable claim that LG EG960V ZA TV owners are getting or have gotten free hardware (main circuit boards) upgrades from LG in order to make the ZA capable of HDR, like the ZA.

I've been trying to look for any old emails I received from LG and have found this one. It mentions the information that they need before they arrange the upgrade. How this helps;

Good Afternoon Mr. *****,

Thank you for your email regarding your 55EG960V.

I hope you are enjoying your day, thank you for contacting us and I would be more than happy to assist you with this.

With regards to the HDR upgrade you have seen referenced on AV Forums, I would advise that this is something we are now able to look into for some customers. This is being looked into on a case by case basis, so to enable us to look into the possibility of assisting you with the HDR upgrade I will require the following information:

full product code
serial number
retailer
date of purchase

Upon receiving this information I would be able to advise further on whether we can arrange this for you, and if this is something that we are able to assist you with, I will be able to make the necessary arrangements and confirm the process for this.

Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to get back in touch and I will be happy to help. If you need to reply please click the additional questions link below.

Kind regards

Nicole
Level 2 Customer Support Team
LG Electronics UK Help desk
----------------------------------
LG Customer Services
UK: 0344 847 5454 Ireland: 01 686 9454
Mon-Sat 9am to 6pm
Closed bank holidays
www.lg.com/uk [LG Electronics UK | Consumer & Home Electronics from LG | LG UK]
You can even reach us via our Web Chat facility through the LG UK website
LG Chat & Email | LG U.K.

And then after a week or so I enquired about when I would get my set back. This is the reply from LG (the 0800 repair they refer to is the currier that collected my set).

Hi David,

Thank you for your email.

I would be more than happy to assist you with your LG 55EG960V television.

I have checked your file and looked into this for yourself David and I can see that your televiison was sent by 0800 repair on 15/03/2016. I would have thought you would have received a call from 0800 repair by now but I cannot be sure why this is the case.

I would personally recommend speaking to them directly to work out a date and time this is likely to be delivered to yourself and see if they are able to offer you preferable dates for delivery. The number should you not have it is: 0800 737247.

I hope this e-mail has fully answered your query today David and has helped to point you in the right direction to further get this situation resolved for yourself. If there is any further support I can offer yourself then please do let me know and I will be happy to help in any way that I can, you can reply to this email by clicking the additional questions link above the survey.

I hope you are happy with the service I have personally provided, if you are, please take the time to fill out a short survey at the bottom of this email. It is based solely on my efforts for you. I appreciate all feedback given!

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards
Liam
LG Customer Services
Mon-Sat 9am to 6pm
Closed bank holidays
www.lg.com/uk <LG Electronics UK | Consumer & Home Electronics from LG | LG UK>
<LG Chat & Email | LG U.K.>

I've been trying to look for any old emails I received from LG and have found this one. It mentions the information that they need before they arrange the upgrade. How this helps;

Good Afternoon Mr. *****,

Thank you for your email regarding your 55EG960V.

I hope you are enjoying your day, thank you for contacting us and I would be more than happy to assist you with this.

With regards to the HDR upgrade you have seen referenced on AV Forums, I would advise that this is something we are now able to look into for some customers. This is being looked into on a case by case basis, so to enable us to look into the possibility of assisting you with the HDR upgrade I will require the following information:

full product code
serial number
retailer
date of purchase

Upon receiving this information I would be able to advise further on whether we can arrange this for you, and if this is something that we are able to assist you with, I will be able to make the necessary arrangements and confirm the process for this.

Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to get back in touch and I will be happy to help. If you need to reply please click the additional questions link below.

Kind regards

Nicole
Level 2 Customer Support Team
LG Customer Services
Mon-Sat 9am to 6pm
Closed bank holidays
www.lg.com/uk [LG Electronics UK | Consumer & Home Electronics from LG | LG UK]
LG Chat & Email | LG U.K.

Seems legitimate. Still not quite as massive (customer base) of a upgrade as I was expecting it to be.

Last edited:
And then after a week or so I enquired about when I would get my set back. This is the reply from LG (the 0800 repair they refer to is the currier that collected my set).

Hi David,

Thank you for your email.

I would be more than happy to assist you with your LG 55EG960V television.

I have checked your file and looked into this for yourself David and I can see that your televiison was sent by 0800 repair on 15/03/2016. I would have thought you would have received a call from 0800 repair by now but I cannot be sure why this is the case.

I would personally recommend speaking to them directly to work out a date and time this is likely to be delivered to yourself and see if they are able to offer you preferable dates for delivery. The number should you not have it is: 0800 737247.

I hope this e-mail has fully answered your query today David and has helped to point you in the right direction to further get this situation resolved for yourself. If there is any further support I can offer yourself then please do let me know and I will be happy to help in any way that I can, you can reply to this email by clicking the additional questions link above the survey.

I hope you are happy with the service I have personally provided, if you are, please take the time to fill out a short survey at the bottom of this email. It is based solely on my efforts for you. I appreciate all feedback given!

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards
Liam
LG Customer Services
Mon-Sat 9am to 6pm
Closed bank holidays
www.lg.com/uk <LG Electronics UK | Consumer & Home Electronics from LG | LG UK>
<LG Chat & Email | LG U.K.>

0800? Is that a repair company that did the work on behalf of LG? Did it go to LG themselves?

0800? Is that a repair company that did the work on behalf of LG? Did it go to LG themselves?

As I said, 0800 Repair are a courier company (no, I've never heard of them before) who pick the set up and take it to LG for the upgrade. I've also heard of people getting the upgrade done in their homes.

Anyway, what is it you want to find out? That LG should do the upgrade in North America?

As I said, 0800 Repair are a courier company (no, I've never heard of them before) who pick the set up and take it to LG for the upgrade. I've also heard of people getting the upgrade done in their homes.

Anyway, what is it you want to find out? That LG should do the upgrade in North America?

Absolutely. Of course. This is our goal. We need compounding evidence

Absolutely. Of course. This is our goal. We need compounding evidence

Where are you and are LG refusing to do the upgrade?

Where are you and are LG refusing to do the upgrade?

I'm I Canada.

Yes. In a few indirect and unverifiable rumours, we have been told that LG will not and possibly cannot upgrade the eg9600 ua. I've been told through the LG usa site on the review and answer page by a web csr that it can't be done. But without technical reasoning.

I'm I Canada.

Yes. In a few indirect and unverifiable rumours, we have been told that LG will not and possibly cannot upgrade the eg9600 ua. I've been told through the LG usa site on the review and answer page by a web csr that it can't be done. But without technical reasoning.

Ok. Love Canada! I know Toronto well and was about to move to Calgary ( but that's another story..) Why don't you direct (LG) to the reports of the updates over here in Europe? It has obviously been done?

I have found LG to be very inconsistent in their CS advice. Maybe you could try emailing LG Europe and see what they say? Try and be non specific and get something from then that says that they have and do do this upgrade.

I had mine done back in October.

UK owner. I got mine upgraded for free around April after I sent an email in via customer service screen on the LG website. A few emails back and forth confirming model and serial numbers and 0800 repair monkeys came and collected it a few weeks later. Shortly after it was returned, the screen developed red lines, so the whole oled panel was then replaced. And then the 3d no longer worked, so I had to get the motherboard replaced again - I had to be very specific about being a zd board as their system still said my TV was a za model. But she's working nicely now with hdr via xbox one S in hdmi2.

Mine was done around September 16, no issues other than I lost the set for a couple of weeks whilst it was upgraded.

Hello, since lg say that my Middle East model can't be upgrade and is not compatible, I order one zd board from Spain and I installed it myself, even zd have more connections than my original one, the zd works perfect and I had now HDR in the 3 hdmi.

Hello, since lg say that my Middle East model can't be upgrade and is not compatible, I order one zd board from Spain and I installed it myself, even zd have more connections than my original one, the zd works perfect and I had now HDR in the 3 hdmi.

OK I see now that you are saying that you "DO" have now HDR over HDMI. I am still replying to your other message. I will ask you many questions.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom