1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lethal Weapon movies...

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Desticado, Mar 19, 2002.

1. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Can anyone give me an idea what the additional content is within the directors cut of the Lethal Weapon movies?

Im aware that the disks are DTS and a trailer etc

Regards

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Desticado,

Hi. This may not be of much help to you, but the Director's Cut versions of the first three LW films, only contain about an extra 2 minutes of footage each! :eek:

As such, you are really only getting extensions of material already in the films, rather than any new material that is going to dramatically change the movies.

Sorry, I can't tell you what the material is, because I haven't seen any of them.

Pooch

3. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    thanks pooch.

At least it gives me an idea of what is there.

All the movies are 7.99 at play (R2) at the moment on offer but the R1 has DTS and is still about £14

Typical isnt it....

Regards

4. Dirk 2

Dirk 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the R1 versions of Lethal Weapon 1-4, before the alledged directors cuts were released.

On side B (flipper) of LW4, there is a collection of deleted scenes from all 4 movies. It is this footage that have been reincorporated into the directors cut.

Most of the footage is dialogue/charactor development, apart from the sniper in the school playground scene, from the original movie.

Their inclusion in my opinion, does not improve the fims to any degree, so you may wish to consider buying the originals.

NOTE. LW2 & 4 (directors cut or regular) are cut on UK Region 2.

5. rnjones

rnjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dirk 2 is Right LW1 has the extra Sniper scene in it which helps to fix Mels reputation as a nutter.

I bought LW1 and LW2 fo $10 each in Wallmart in the US. Right Bargain. DTS sound track is OK but not very sophisticated. Need to watch LW1 again on my A11SR. I seem to recall at one point there was music coming out of the rear surrounds. Which was weird. Need to bung it on again to see if I was right.

Havent got LW3 or 4 (4 is a bit crap).
    Rog