Lethal Weapon 2 (Lethal Weapon Collection) Blu-ray Review

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
“We’re back, we’re bad, you’re black, I’m mad.”

After the tenfold success of Lethal Weapon, it was no wonder that a sequel was almost immediately greenlit; released just 2 years after the first movie. The surprise was just how great the movie was. You see, decent sequels are actually relatively hard to come by. It’s one thing if you change things up completely, and take the story in a completely different direction – the prime example being the sci-fi-actioner Aliens working wonderfully as a development of the sci-fi-horror of Alien – but, stick too closely to the original formula, and you could end up with a Die Hard 2 to your Die Hard. Retaining the characters, setting and general story-arc – but still keeping things fresh – requires some serious talent, but director Richard Donner’s crew (including returning writer Shane Black) as well as his...

Read the full review...

Geoff_D

Distinguished Member
The original version wasn't just bad, it had literally half the horizontal resolution that it should've had.

hollowspy

Novice Member
This one is my favourite too....JUST. Many well-delivered lines and great action, that, at the time, just pushed it over the first for me. Although looking back, I think a mix of teenage hormones and Patsy Kensit may have blurred my objectivity somewhat.

Quality bad guys, just ace all round.

Big Smile - BIG SMILE

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
This one is my favourite too....JUST. Many well-delivered lines and great action, that, at the time, just pushed it over the first for me. Although looking back, I think a mix of teenage hormones and Patsy Kensit may have blurred my objectivity somewhat.

Quality bad guys, just ace all round.

Big Smile - BIG SMILE
Chief, it's such a tough call with LW2. I so nearly gave it a 10/10 too, and I agree that it was probably my personal favourite for years, and may even still be to this day. But watching them all again, the first one is just tighter, a better movie, even if strangely not everybody's favourite (Objective vs. Subjective lol!). :devil:

Thanks for the comment!! :thumbsup:

Cas

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom