Let me tell you about my Hisense TV experience

OliverwithabrokenTV

Novice Member
Reaction score
Just would like to share my experience of Hisense. If you are considering to buy a new Hisense TV, I urge you to please read this review. These two minutes may save you a lot of anger, misery and disappointment in the long run. My experience of the Hisense product and customer services has been nothing but atrocious, poor-quality and completely awful.

Firstly, let’s cover the TVs themselves. The Hisense TV’s are cheap, plasticky and feel completely budget. It’s budget in price but you definitely get what you pay for. Everything about the whole set feels cheap and you can see they have clearly cut corners everywhere they can For example:

· The TV itself picture leaves much to be desired – the colours are all washed out, extremely poor HDR and lacks any decent detail.

· The sound is incredibly tinny – it is clear they have cut costs in the audio department. Like listening through old tin cans.

· The TV remote is poorly made, with very audible ‘clicky’ buttons which is incredibly irritating.

· The worst is it’s user interface which is incredibly slow, buggy and crashes while watching TV. It just doesn’t work and is not intuitive. Good luck watching Netflix or using any apps – my old Nokia 3310 works better than this TV.

I would like to balance the review out with a positive, but I am really struggling with anything good to say about this TV set.

Secondly, let’s cover my time with the TV set. After 14 months, the TV started to suddenly turn off at random intervals. Imagine buying a new TV and then after a year it randomly turns itself off and it won’t turn on again? Very odd behaviour, especially for a set that is still new (but conveniently out of their warranty period!).

After contacting Hisense and begging for a repair, they agreed to look into it. They arranged a van to come pick the TV up and then after 3 weeks, they then sent me the TV set back with a massive smash:

Imgur

Opening the package, it was the remote control which had been loosely thrown in the package which caused the screen to be smash.
After numerous more calls and emails with customer services they felt it was outside their warranty procedure. Let me make this clear: Hisense delivered me a smashed screen TV and told me that it is outside their warranty period. Let that sink in.

I’ve learnt my lesson and will never, ever by from Hisense ever again. The TV sets they produce are cheap, using budget parts, feels plastikyc and break after 12 months.

The Hisense customer services are unhelpful and only look for ways not to take responsibility.

And their repair service will deliver you a TV in a WORSE condition then you sent it to them.

Please, if you are considering buying a Hisense TV my one word advice is DON’T. Don’t touch them with a barge poll. Regardless of the price, it just isn’t worth it – you’ll end up paying twice. If you know someone thinking of buying a Hisense, be a good friend and tell them to avoid this terrible brand.

Cheap TVs. Awful company. Truly terrible. Avoid at all costs.

Attachments

• IMG_0414 2.JPG
    IMG_0414 2.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,943
I had been looking at possibly buying the well reviewed A6200 as a cheap upgrade to 4K, so thank you for this! I guess I'll stick with Sony or Panasonic.

It's an extremely good TV, don't let one NOVICE member raging about one put you off.
I'm curious as to why someone would get a broken TV out of the box, spend the time to attach the feet and then put it on their AV unit to demonstrate the damage.

The A6200 is an extremely good budget upgrade into 4K, but anyone thinking it's going to compare with something costing 10 times more is in for a shock. Read the review on here. It's limitations at doing HDR are clearly acknowledged.

Note:

I bought one before seeing the AVF review, and I'm very pleased with it. But I would note, while it has an amazing 176 degree viewing angle on paper, in real life, you need to sit in front of it to get full colour :)

I had been looking at possibly buying the well reviewed A6200 as a cheap upgrade to 4K, so thank you for this! I guess I'll stick with Sony or Panasonic.

Blimey you're easily swayed aren't you mate?! So one random aggrieved customer makes you think twice about ever using a company or product ever again?

No matter who you use, or what you choose, there will always be negative reviews (unintentional rhyming there but I'll leave it as is lol)

I have a Hisense 55u7a ULED tv and I am over the moon with it, picture is stunning, hdr fantastic, build quality is better than my nice Sony tv. I use it mainly for gaming (mostly driving and FPS games) and have not noticed any lag at all with my Xbox one x,games play in 4K hdr 60fps and look amazing, so don’t be too put off.

I had two Hisense TVs first sent back due to loads of bugs in the software I now have the U7A 4K ULED TV john lewis gave me as a replacement as a TV its not bad, but the software side is cheap and nasty and with he promise of alexa that not transpired Hisence is let down by its poor support, this company cannot compete with the Samsung or LG to name a few, if it does not up its game with support and software

Don't let him put you off. I have the A6100 50" and for the money it's excellent.

I always get bored by posts like this.

First off, they're cheap TV's. When folks start complaining about poor performance I tend to wince. What are you honestly expecting? There is a reason these are two to three times cheaper than the "main brands". Be realistic.

Secondly, the complaints about customer service. Now that is no different from the main brands. There will always be someone who has a bad experience with an item/service no matter what it is (or how expensive it was). It's just a fact of life.

I have a couple of Hisense TV's in my house. I think they're fine. Do I think, or did I ever think, they'll be as good as an LG or Samsung? Nope. I'm cheap. I went for the cheap option and handled my expectations accordingly.

OP it has a quality remote control for the price. I've read that the remote is the same as Hisense's top of the line TV's which is great for budget consumers. That 'clicky' noise means it has quality switches that will not break unlike cheap membrane remote controls.

Seriously OP did you have a bad day on the 20th of Jan because your moan at Hisense is just childish.

Here's some info.
1. They're not a cheap brand per se. The quality of their internal components is identical to Samsung and LG, and in some models in the past few years the parts have been identical to Panasonic (ie same parts sourced from same Japan and Taiwan suppliers).

Also, they're state owned and part own luxury brand Loewe, who are not cheap.

The picture processing is no worse than equivalent models from Panasonic or the Koreans. In fact, in some areas it's better (better control of upscaling than 2015 Panasonic models, better dimming algorithm than some brands too).

Depending on the model you buy, the sound will be as good or as bad as generally expected in that part of the market. Upper models with the advanced speaker systems sound excellent, better than a lot on the market.

I'd say the remote control is annoying from a personal point of view but it's certainly not cheaply made and is well designed with a good layout. If you want to see what a cheap remote control looks like, try some of the truly budget brands.

Their software is a bit sluggish and messy, I'll agree, but everyone has to start somewhere and again it's not awful. It's the one area where they need to improve quickly.

As for your experience, remember your rights! You have consumer rights (more than 1 year) you can fall back on, or failing that, the small claims court against the third party repair company.

Hope that helps somewhat.

I too have a Hisense tv that keeps switching off., mines still in warranty though. I tweeted., got a number called spoke to a very helpful chap. Said it was probably the power board. Asked me for a copy of proof of purchase. I don’t have this because this was bought by., let’s call him “****face” to watch the football. He no longer lives with me, or
Communicates with me but that’s a different story. I explain to the gent the issue. I give him all the serial numbers. And unless I want to pay to have it fixed I’m stuck with a large useless piece of machinery in my house that doesn’t work (I’m sensing a similarity here). I don’t have the time or the crayons to explain to anyone else what’s wrong with it. This will be up the tip soon enough (when I’ve the time to get it in my car at least., and when I’m not working pre and post tip hours). I kept my old tv. Can’t remember the make but it was on sale in Asda so at least I don’t to fork out again on another costly mistake. So in essence don’t let anyone whose a compulsive liar it seems buy a tv that’s so big it dominates your room ( any bigger it would have had to be installed next door). Think twice before buying what seems like a bargain as you get what you pay for

The 65 inch u7a is on my list.
How many people would buy a Hisense again, or recomend it?

I totally agree you. Purchased a hisense 60n3500uw one and half years ago. The system is very slow and doesn't respond to remote. The only thing made me keep it was the price. Recently it starts to shut down by itself. After reading reviews and answers to similar questions I gave up. Since it is just out of warranty I need to find a technician myself. Please save yourself some time. Skip Hisense.

Two novice members complaining about the same issue with Hisense
OliverwithabrokenTV
Sarahwiththecraptv

I think I see a pattern there somewhere ... hmm.:rolleyes:

Blimey you're easily swayed aren't you mate?! So one random aggrieved customer makes you think twice about ever using a company or product ever again?

No matter who you use, or what you choose, there will always be negative reviews (unintentional rhyming there but I'll leave it as is lol)
that's like a forum haiku X-D

Just would like to share my experience of Hisense. If you are considering to buy a new Hisense TV, I urge you to please read this review. These two minutes may save you a lot of anger, misery and disappointment in the long run. My experience of the Hisense product and customer services has been nothing but atrocious, poor-quality and completely awful.

Firstly, let’s cover the TVs themselves. The Hisense TV’s are cheap, plasticky and feel completely budget. It’s budget in price but you definitely get what you pay for. Everything about the whole set feels cheap and you can see they have clearly cut corners everywhere they can For example:

· The TV itself picture leaves much to be desired – the colours are all washed out, extremely poor HDR and lacks any decent detail.

· The sound is incredibly tinny – it is clear they have cut costs in the audio department. Like listening through old tin cans.

· The TV remote is poorly made, with very audible ‘clicky’ buttons which is incredibly irritating.

· The worst is it’s user interface which is incredibly slow, buggy and crashes while watching TV. It just doesn’t work and is not intuitive. Good luck watching Netflix or using any apps – my old Nokia 3310 works better than this TV.

I would like to balance the review out with a positive, but I am really struggling with anything good to say about this TV set.

Secondly, let’s cover my time with the TV set. After 14 months, the TV started to suddenly turn off at random intervals. Imagine buying a new TV and then after a year it randomly turns itself off and it won’t turn on again? Very odd behaviour, especially for a set that is still new (but conveniently out of their warranty period!).

After contacting Hisense and begging for a repair, they agreed to look into it. They arranged a van to come pick the TV up and then after 3 weeks, they then sent me the TV set back with a massive smash:

Imgur

Opening the package, it was the remote control which had been loosely thrown in the package which caused the screen to be smash.
After numerous more calls and emails with customer services they felt it was outside their warranty procedure. Let me make this clear: Hisense delivered me a smashed screen TV and told me that it is outside their warranty period. Let that sink in.

I’ve learnt my lesson and will never, ever by from Hisense ever again. The TV sets they produce are cheap, using budget parts, feels plastikyc and break after 12 months.

The Hisense customer services are unhelpful and only look for ways not to take responsibility.

And their repair service will deliver you a TV in a WORSE condition then you sent it to them.

Please, if you are considering buying a Hisense TV my one word advice is DON’T. Don’t touch them with a barge poll. Regardless of the price, it just isn’t worth it – you’ll end up paying twice. If you know someone thinking of buying a Hisense, be a good friend and tell them to avoid this terrible brand.

Cheap TVs. Awful company. Truly terrible. Avoid at all costs.

Ok, Oliver.....let me get this straight. You got a TV with a broken screen yet you still, unboxed it, put on the legs and plugged it in. Seriously? True story?

Ok, got it.

Last edited:
Ok, Oliver.....let me get this straight. You got a TV with a broken screen yet you still, unboxed it, put on the legs and plugged it in. Seriously? True story?

Ok, got it.
:-D
more like Nonsense than Hisense.

People’s experiences here are entirely valid, be they positive or negative. Why would they bother posting otherwise? All manufacturers have good and bad, and although Hisense kit is cheaper than other brands, if you’re on a budget and shortly after the warranty expires your Hisense TV dies you’re gonna be p*ssed off. I certainly would be. For most of us, this sort of thing ends-up being an object lesson in the old adage “buy cheap, buy twice”, but not all of us are so lucky in that regard to replace something that dies so readily.

Clem

they might well be valid, but very little of that story rings true to me, and given the poster is a one-hit wonder, i'm filing him as the exception to the rule.

People’s experiences here are entirely valid, be they positive or negative. Why would they bother posting otherwise? All manufacturers have good and bad, and although Hisense kit is cheaper than other brands, if you’re on a budget and shortly after the warranty expires your (insert brand name) TV dies you’re gonna be p*ssed off. I certainly would be. For most of us, this sort of thing ends-up being an object lesson in the old adage “buy cheap, buy twice”, but not all of us are so lucky in that regard to replace something that dies so readily.

Clem

Fixed that for you.

Also, being cheaper doesnt mean will not last as long as more expensive brand.

Quite true, and I readily accept that.

Clem

My 19 month old Hisense started turning off unexpectedly too. As I tend to always buy big costly tech items from Amazon I sent them an email explaining the situation. So Amazon arranged collection a few days later and I got an email yesterday telling me my refund will be with me in a few days.
So what did I buy as a replacement ? A Hisense H65AE6100UK for less than 500 quid from Amazon again. I can see the improvements Hisense have made in that time and am amazed at how much TV you get for your money. I use a 4K firestick so don’t use the built in apps much. If it breaks again within 2 years? Another ( copy and paste email tehehe) and I’ll buy the latest budget TV from Hisense again!

I only bought my Hisense TV just over 2 years ago and it is broken already. It totally refuses to come on. Tried loads of things but to no avail. I certainly won't buy another one!

There is a pattern here - I too bought a Hisense H49N5500 18 months ago, and it started switching to standby, occasionally at first, now every 20 minutes or so. I changed the power supply board which had no effect. If you're going to buy one of these TVs then pay for whatever support package you can find. My advice is avoid!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom