Let me get this right - Red Pixel on = stuck RED?

Tempest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably a stupid question, but just to clarify...........

If you are displaying a BLACK screen from your LCD machine and one dot is bright RED, then that means the RED panel is the one that's at fault yes?

I was wondering about creating an animated .gif file (black with a fast flashing red dot) to (as it were) exersise this pixel back to life.

Ok, a long shot I know, but I also know it CAN work (sometimes)

So I'm wondering, as I have a stuck RED pixel, to "TRY" and exersize this pixel I'd need to create a black image with a fast red flashing square over this glowing red dot's position.

Have I got it right?

If its stuck open it will be red ,if its stuck shut it will be cyan.
If green is open it will be green, if green is shut it will be magenta.
If blue is open it will be blue , if blue is shut it will be yellow.

You might be better off applying a cyan ( or light blue coloured ) spot on your screen to make the red dot less visible. Or even a spot of black velvet or felt ...black dot might be less distracting than a bright red one.

Mr.D said:
If its stuck open it will be red ,if its stuck shut it will be cyan.
If green is open it will be green, if green is shut it will be magenta.
If blue is open it will be blue , if blue is shut it will be yellow.

You might be better off applying a cyan ( or light blue coloured ) spot on your screen to make the red dot less visible. Or even a spot of black velvet or felt ...black dot might be less distracting than a bright red one.

Right then, so I was/am correct in thinking that if (on a black screen) you can see a RED spot, then it's a fault with the RED panel?

I do currently have a tiny black sticker on the screen at this point which (as you say) does indeed make the spot invisible 95% of the time when watching a normal movie.

But I want to WORK the pixel to see if (by chance/luck) I can free it and and make it work again. I know this is a long shot, but I also know it CAN sometimes work.

That's why I was thinking of creating a small animated gif of flashing red/black and putting it over this spot for a while to give it a good work-out (as it were)

Think I'm mad :)

Tempest said:
That's why I was thinking of creating a small animated gif of flashing red/black and putting it over this spot for a while to give it a good work-out (as it were)

Think I'm mad :)

Don't forget to add a sound track too, something like Olivia Newton John's Let's Get Physical would probably do the trick... ;)

You may well laugh, but there have been many reports (by end users) that doing something like this (or fast colour cycling for a while) has got dead/stuck pixels back to life.
There is even a little app written for the Sony PSP for this and some have reported that bad pixels have started to work again.

Perhaps I'm overly hopefull, but hey, why not :)

Tempest said:
You may well laugh, but there have been many reports (by end users) that doing something like this (or fast colour cycling for a while) has got dead/stuck pixels back to life.
There is even a little app written for the Sony PSP for this and some have reported that bad pixels have started to work again.

Perhaps I'm overly hopefull, but hey, why not :)

I do hope you get it sorted - I'm a perfectionist and a dot like that would bother me so much that I wouldn't be able to use the projector anymore. What causes a dead pixel anyway?

LOL - my screen had a "dead pixel" well, it had a small pixel sized chunk of the white surface gauged out (resulting in black) when I put it away too speedily once...

I fixed it with Tipex :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom