1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Let me entertain you" - my new idea for a TV show about home entertainment

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by TheBoingoBandit, Aug 6, 2005.

1. TheBoingoBandit

TheBoingoBandit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    We've all seen zillions of property shows on TV. Well for my proposed new TV show, I've taken my inspiration from the morning Beeb programme, 'To buy or not to buy'. In the show, two homes are shown to the potential purchasers to their required spec. Also, they are offered a 'wildcard' third option of a type of property they intially thought wouldn't suit them. They then get to pick their favourite house and test it out before getting their wallets out.

So here's my propsed new TV show...

'Let me entertain you'

Each episode, a family will list out home entertainment requirements and let the show's experts work out three appropiate systems including a wildcard system which they might have never thought about.

The family would then be taken to three dealers in their local area to sample each system, then would be able to try out their favourite in their own homes before making a purchase.

So for example 'family x' has asked for a home cinema/music system that must be descreet and take up little room so are offered a flat panel TV plus Bose opyion, a flat panel TV plus Artcoustic speakers option and a wildcard system of projector and electric screen with larger speakers to see if their increased bulk is accepted for the improved sound quality.

While I wouldn't expect the BBC to show something like this, I'm sure it would suit Men&Motors, Bravo or Discovery Real Time who recently showed the home cinema programme Mens Rooms.

So if any programme producers are on the forum looking for inspiration, please feel to steal my idea.

Anyone got any ideas or comments?! :thumbsup:

2. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    I would like to volunteer for free AV gear. [​IMG]
    :smashin:

3. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,745
    How about we get all these families who want to appear on such shows in a big room and we all vote for which one we want to shoot ;)

4. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I'll go for option 9: All of them.

5. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    I'd imagine this would be like watching paint dry. Home cinema ironically is not a good spectator sport.

6. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    typically, with every show of this type, it'd be a bunch of chavs wanting to find out how good coronation street looks and sounds on a 100" plasma and a set of £10,000 speakers, which they'd be funding the purchase of with their child benefits and job seekers allowance. I think that'd annoy pretty much every single member of these forums..

if they were to restrict the 'contestants' to people who know enough about AV gear to actually have some idea of what they want without being babied, then perhaps it'd be more interesting.