Let Him Go (4th December 2020) (Kevin Costner/Diane Lane thriller)

Drax1

Distinguished Member
Kevin Costner and the lovely Diane Lane are set to star together (again after Man Of Steel) in Let Me Go. It is based on a 2013 novel by Larry Watson that sees a retired sheriff trying to rescue his grandson from a family of criminals living off grid in the Dakotas.
Thomas Bezucha directs, and filming starts this spring. I'm a big fan of both Costner and Diane Lane, and love a good thriller, so it's definitely one for my 'to-do' list.

Kevin Costner and Diane Lane to star in suspense thriller Let Him Go

shodan

Distinguished Member
Cool, I've got a real appreciation for Costner after seeing him in that movie where he played a nut job psycho baddie...

MJeeves7

Great to see DIANE LANE getting top billing. She's so often the bridesmaid and never the bride. Underrated actress and beautiful too. Looks great!

MJeeves7

Totally agree mate. Great book, great cast and from the trailer looks like it will live up to my expectations. Lets hope it gets the release and exposure it deserves.

MJeeves7

Apparently the films wide theatrical release is still going ahead in the US on November 6th.
It has changed from December 11th here in the UK to 'Coming Soon'.
Lots of buzz about Diane Lane's performance being Oscar worthy - so I think that's why they want to still release it in 2020-early 2021 to be in contention for awards season (if there is one).
Really unique situation out there - release it? hold it back and miss the awards? Crazy. :(

Drax1

Distinguished Member
Apparently the films wide theatrical release is still going ahead in the US on November 6th.
It has changed from December 11th here in the UK to 'Coming Soon'.
Lots of buzz about Diane Lane's performance being Oscar worthy - so I think that's why they want to still release it in 2020-early 2021 to be in contention for awards season (if there is one).
Really unique situation out there - release it? hold it back and miss the awards? Crazy. :(
If it gets a US release, but keeps stalling here, I'll hold on for a (hopefully) US 4K release and import a copy. Doesn't look we'll see it here anytime soon now...:(

Drax1

Distinguished Member
Now released on December 4th (UK)...
... and November 6th (US)

More about the movie... looks so great!
Good to see the release date is back on. Assuming my local is showing it, I'll be catching it on opening weekend.

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member

Drax1

Distinguished Member
Good stuff! Wonder if we'll still get this shortly after lockdown supposedly lifts...

Drax1

Distinguished Member

Last edited:

Drax1

Distinguished Member
Focus Features have a Universal-AMC deal which means this will potentially be available via on demand platforms 17 days after it's theatrical debut.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

Sky seals Studiocanal movie deal
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy Buds Pro
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra smart phones
  • By Andy Bassett