Let down by Amazon, please help us find a £400 ish 26" LCD Digital TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by amy77, Jan 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. amy77

amy77
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We had a Sharp LC26AD5E 26" Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV With Freeview on order from Amazon, which gets rave reviews on here. We were going to pay £370 for it.

But Amazon, after 7 weeks or so of waiting for them to deliver it, have just decided they can't fulfil our order!

So we're looking for a similarly priced, decent quality 26" TV with Freeview (high def is not so important to us as we don't watch much TV).

We were thinking of maybe looking in Costco for their excellent customer service policy, even if it means paying a bit more. Also my hubbie has found this one which he thinks looks promising: http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/stor...AH%20MARKETING and http://www.play.com/Electronics/Ele...LXD7+HD+Ready+720p+Freeview+Widescreen+LCD+TV

Hubbie is going off the idea of the Sharp and being drawn to the Panasonic, but I'm not so sure - I've heard about humming sounds from the Panasonic and I thought the Sharp sounded promising/

We have found people on here talking about a bargain Panasonic in Asda for £349 but unfortunately they have gone up in price again in our local Asda.

We're going on a mission tonight to look in Asda, Tesco, Costco and also possibly Richer Sounds and HiSpek in St Albans, but we're worried about all the confusing model numbers and maybe not getting the best deal for our money!

Any help or tips much appreciated! We'd be happy to get one of the internet still, as long as we didn't have to wait too long for delivery.

2. uncleclives

uncleclives

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +798
    Amazon has the Sharp LC32AD5E version in stock for £404 if that interests you.

I own the Sharp LC26AD5E and Panasonic TX-26LMD70A and they are both very good tv's but I think the Panny has the edge.