Question Less than 3 year old Sony XBR65X750D Display Problem...

slashzero

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Sony XBR65X750D I purchased back in 2017. It's been a wonderful TV so far, however today it started showing red/green lines, plaid pattern over the display on any input, as well as OTA tuner. I've power reset it, and also did a factory reset. The issue went away after a factory reset, however it came back a few minutes into the setup process. I have a video I recorded of the actual issue, here.

I have contacted Sony, who tells me I am SoL. Thanks, Sony!

Anyone seen this issue before? Can I maybe replace the main board, or some other component? This was a fairly expensive TV, that I would have thought should last more than 2 years. About a year ago, I bought an 850d for a different room, and am now worried it will have the same issue in a year or so.

I would appreciate any advice or suggestions anyone has. Is it worthwhile for me to just buy a cheap main board off eBay and replace it?

If I leave the TV off for 30 minutes or so, and turn it back on the screen is back to normal. It will stay that way 10-15 minutes, and then start doing the lines again.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello,

I have a Sony XBR65X750D I purchased back in 2017. It's been a wonderful TV so far, however today it started showing red/green lines, plaid pattern over the display on any input, as well as OTA tuner. I've power reset it, and also did a factory reset. The issue went away after a factory reset, however it came back a few minutes into the setup process. I have a video I recorded of the actual issue, here.

I have contacted Sony, who tells me I am SoL. Thanks, Sony!

Anyone seen this issue before? Can I maybe replace the main board, or some other component? This was a fairly expensive TV, that I would have thought should last more than 2 years. About a year ago, I bought an 850d for a different room, and am now worried it will have the same issue in a year or so.

I would appreciate any advice or suggestions anyone has. Is it worthwhile for me to just buy a cheap main board off eBay and replace it?

If I leave the TV off for 30 minutes or so, and turn it back on the screen is back to normal. It will stay that way 10-15 minutes, and then start doing the lines again.

Thanks!

Looks like the panel is faulty. Considered to be cheaper to replace than repair. What is SoL?

Looks like the panel is faulty. Considered to be cheaper to replace than repair. What is SoL?

Thanks for your response!

SoL: Sh!t out of Luck :)

Yeah, I am likely going to purchase a 70 inch Visio instead of trying to repair the Sony. The Visio seems to have the best bang for the buck in terms of size to price ratio. I'm also going to add a 5 year protection plan this time around, LOL!

I called a few local TV shops, and they told me it was not worth trying to fix it because it is likely the panel, and you can't get the panels from the U.S.

Thanks for your response!

SoL: Sh!t out of Luck :)

Yeah, I am likely going to purchase a 70 inch Visio instead of trying to repair the Sony. The Visio seems to have the best bang for the buck in terms of size to price ratio. I'm also going to add a 5 year protection plan this time around, LOL!

I called a few local TV shops, and they told me it was not worth trying to fix it because it is likely the panel, and you can't get the panels from the U.S.

Lol...I'll remember SOL from now on!

Sony don't repair panels in the UK either. Sorry to hear you are out of options. 5 year warranties are definitely so worth it. Enjoy the new set.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom