Less than 15% in and there are no people on the map for me to visit!

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
I have been taking it easy with the mission and am only at about 11%

A few days back, there was little on the map for me to do, so did the first mission for 'Brucie' and as soon as I visited him, I had a load of texts from other people who then appeared on the map.

After I did the mission, I drove around for a bit.. Found a few 'stunts', went back to my safehouse and saved.

I played again last night and there was nothing on the map, othe than Little Jacob... I still havn't done his mission(s) and assume that when I do, the story will start up again.. But I am a little worried that before I saved, I had 3-4 people shown on the map and now there are none!

Has anyone seen anything like this? Do you think that when I go to 'Jacob' it will go back to normal again?

Jon

Use the phone, call everyone up and you'll get something else.

I remember that section and it's one of the only mission 'droughts' in the game.

Use the phone, call everyone up and you'll get something else.

I remember that section and it's one of the only mission 'droughts' in the game.

Thanks.. I will try again tonight.. I don't think that calling anyone will help, as I did this to everyone in the list and got 'voicemail' from all of them.

I am sure it will sort itself out.

Jon

Thanks.. I will try again tonight.. I don't think that calling anyone will help, as I did this to everyone in the list and got 'voicemail' from all of them.

I am sure it will sort itself out.

Jon

Make sure you call them at the right times as they aren't available 24 hours a day, they have specific times when they are.

Make sure you call them at the right times as they aren't available 24 hours a day, they have specific times when they are.

Heh, I called Michelle at 5 in the morning and she was a bit narked that I woke her up :D

just wait for a call, if you run around and mess about for a while, one of them will phone you pretty sharpish.

just wait for a call, if you run around and mess about for a while, one of them will phone you pretty sharpish.

I am starting to think that I broke it.. Tonight I went to see LJ, did a mission and nothing happened..

Then I drove around for about 30 mins and the only call I got was from Roman asking if I wanted food.

Now there is nothing more for me to do!

Jon

I am starting to think that I broke it.. Tonight I went to see LJ, did a mission and nothing happened..

Jon

what do you mean nothing happened, the mission didnt engage or you completed the mission and now there is nothing to do?

could be a glitch, games not very stable, backup the save game while you still can.

on a different note 1000th post, took long enough :hiya::thumbsup:.

I think I was just about where you were last night, I was calling up people and just getting voicemails.

Get a car and drive to Romans, the story kicks off on another leg from there but you have to go there to start it off.

:smashin:

just before you do that, alongside romans taxi place, a little green man figure should pop up on your HUD screen. (im pretty sure it would be available at this part of the game) If you speak to him (i think his name is brian but i cant remember) it goes into a cut scene and he gives you $100. He is available for other small favours on that island later on in the game

Probably worth checking that you haven't enabled 'Sleep Mode' inadvertently also. It's on the Mobile under Options:)

Probably worth checking that you haven't enabled 'Sleep Mode' inadvertently also. It's on the Mobile under Options:)

Do you know what.. Thats entirly possible.....

I will check that straight away.. I remember getting into a 'battle' with the phone, as I kept pressing the wrong button (when trying to change weapons) and its more than possible I changed the options.

Thanks to everyone for their help. Tonight, I will have a good go at trying to kick the game back into life, following all the suggestions above.

Cheers all

Jon

I don't think it would be the sleep mode as every time I've used the sleep mode it automatically switches itself off the next time the game is launched, so assuming you've loaded up a few times I wouldn't have thought it was that...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom