Lesbian Vampire Killers

brian s

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Posted on Friday 16 May 2008

gavinandstacy.jpg

Lesbian Vampire Killers starts shooting

New British comedy horror movie Lesbian Vampire Killers goes in front of the cameras next week in London.

Starring Gavin and Stacey's James Corden and Matthew Horne (pictured with Joanna Page), Lesbian Vampire Killers sees the comic actors play two friends stuck in a Welsh village along with a coachload of female Swedish students, where all the women are enslaved by a vampire curse.

According to AV Pictures' official synopsis: "As the pretty travellers are picked off one-by-one, joining the ranks of the undead, Jimmy and student Lotte are captured by the lesbian vampires who plan to use their blood to resurrect the spirit of Carmilla, their Vampire Queen! It's up to Jimmy's good-for-nothing best friend Fletch, and his newfound ally - a disgruntled local vicar - to save them all before sunrise."

Promoted at Cannes two years ago with the tag-line "Two no-hopers. A Cursed Village. One hell of a night!", director Phil Claydon noted that "It will have you laughing and screaming in the auditorium."

Britain has a bad habit of repeating itself over, and over again.

Trainspotting.. led to Lock Stock two smoking barrels.. led to.. Snatch.. so a rally of crime capers.

Then... Dogsoldiers.. 28 Days Later... a bunch of army zombie flicks.

And also the Cave films... The Descent.. The Hole

Then Shawn Of The Dead.. Severance.. Black Sheep.. A bunch Of those... and Lesbian Vampire Killers.

It's annoying. :thumbsdow

Then Shawn Of The Dead.. Severance.. Black Sheep.. A bunch Of those... and Lesbian Vampire Killers.

Black Sheep was a New Zealand film mate.

If there's a terrible zombie film with no story yet a sexual theme, then there has to be a vampire one...

This is just a vampire reply to Zombie Strippers.

And i'm sure i'll end up seeing it and wondering why it's no good :D

Black Sheep was a New Zealand film mate.

Oh well remove that, and pick one of the others that I have missed out... 28 weeks later, Hot Fuzz.. there were a few others.

What's the prob with a slight repeat, seen most of them, and i would defiantly watch them more than once.

What's the prob with a slight repeat, seen most of them, and i would defiantly watch them more than once.

The problem for me is that Britain can make original movies like America. I even have an idea for a low buget movie, and I think it would be a pretty good movie.

Trainspotting.. led to Lock Stock two smoking barrels.. led to.. Snatch.. so a rally of crime capers.

Then... Dogsoldiers.. 28 Days Later... a bunch of army zombie flicks.

And also the Cave films... The Descent.. The Hole

It's annoying. :thumbsdow

It's a global thing , look at all the Westerns the States gave us a few years back :)

Personally I find Corden and Horne about as funny as something that's not funny at all.

It's a global thing , look at all the Westerns the States gave us a few years back :)

They mix this with a whole load of other movies though.. Britain just sticks with a theme, and the only other movies that seem to appear are sort of History related.

Peaked with Shaun of the Dead

And vampires does not work as a film concept anymore anyway. All of them play to the stereotype of
1x vampire + 1x human being = 1x love story

Least of all make a "comedy" involving vampires, even if you leave out the love story for once

This will be a good test to see if they can break out of the Gavin & Stacey mould. I like G&S quite a lot. Very subtle sometimes but the casting does help in addition to the writing.

Please don't compare these guys to Pegg and Frost as they are completely different. P&F are geeks. Equally funny (YMMV) but different.

Is it gonna be a 12A ?

I bet that 13 year old Dad who looks about 8 can't wait to see it !

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom