Lepy 2024A +

phil0001

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a question regarding a recent purchase. Hope this is the correct section.

I have a ‘Lepy 2024A +’ purchased from Amazon UK (sold by ‘Finer Shop’ but fulfilled by Amazon)

I was a little concerned when ordering that there have been / may be fakes or copies that are inferior to the original.

Could anyone take a look at the image of the internals and tell me if it looks ok?
I was expecting to see a large heatsink over the ‘chip’, as per the internal images of the 2020 I have seen online.

I haven’t actually tried the Amp for more than a couple of minutes, not had time.
But don’t want to go to the trouble of setting everything up if I’ve got to return it.

Any views or advice greatly appreciated

Thanks
IMG_20161207_095230.jpg

Thanks for the reply.

My amp is actually the 2024, not the 2020.
I wasn't sure how much of a difference this makes.

I have actually posted the same question on DIYaudio forum, and had a reply that the 2024 does not have the heatsink as it is a lower power chip.
I'll have to assume this is the case, unless anyone knows otherwise for definite.

Thanks again

:oops:

I should of had my Glasses on

is this you...?

Lepy 2020A vs Lepai 2020A+ vs 2024A? - diyAudio

.... and had a reply that the 2024 does not have the heatsink as it is a lower power chip.
I'll have to assume this is the case, unless anyone knows otherwise for definite.
I found an image of the lepy/lepai amplifier range circuit boards which supports that.

lepai.jpg

Being in Chinese doesn't help but it does show the circuit boards/ and model numbers and the 2024 is the only one without a heat sink

So to answer your original question, it does seem to not have a heat sink on the 2024

Thanks again, it seems like it's likely to be ok then.

For the price I'm happy with the performance, it will do me fine for the time being at least

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom