Leopard Delayed Until October!

norealplan

Well-known Member
From the official apple website:

Apple Statement

iPhone has already passed several of its required certification tests and is on schedule to ship in late June as planned. We can’t wait until customers get their hands (and fingers) on it and experience what a revolutionary and magical product it is. However, iPhone contains the most sophisticated software ever shipped on a mobile device, and finishing it on time has not come without a price — we had to borrow some key software engineering and QA resources from our Mac OS X team, and as a result we will not be able to release Leopard at our Worldwide Developers Conference in early June as planned. While Leopard's features will be complete by then, we cannot deliver the quality release that we and our customers expect from us. We now plan to show our developers a near final version of Leopard at the conference, give them a beta copy to take home so they can do their final testing, and ship Leopard in October. We think it will be well worth the wait. Life often presents tradeoffs, and in this case we're sure we've made the right ones. [Apr 12, 2007]


Looks like I made the right decision not to wait!
 

Kieron

Distinguished Member
No probs.

Fact is, Tiger is so far ahead of any other OS that waiting isn't really that much of a problem!
 

Pbryanw

Active Member
Looks like there's no reason to put off buying new Apple hardware then :confused: I hope they don't delay the new imacs and mac mini's 'til October too.
 

scharf_10

Novice Member
This is quite worrying because I was hoping to purchase a new laptop in October when i go to New York, but i'm going from the 1st to the 6th, so this probably wont be an option now, to have it pre-installed with Leopard. Quite disappointing, but id rather have it a few months later rather than inferior software.
 

Monopot

Novice Member
You might be able to get it anyway and if Leopard comes out early October, try and get it returned under the 14 day return with Apple?

Bit a hassle but you need a laptop then it may be an option.
 
D

Deleted member 92943

Guest
I still wondering whether it's best for me to still wait a month or 2 to see if tey release any new hardware or to just get some as soon as
 

C225

Distinguished Member
I still wondering whether it's best for me to still wait a month or 2 to see if tey release any new hardware or to just get some as soon as
If you are getting an imac i would wait as new ones should be coming out soon but if it is a macbook you are getting then just get it now i would say.
 

williemaykit

Active Member
This is quite worrying because I was hoping to purchase a new laptop in October when i go to New York, but i'm going from the 1st to the 6th, so this probably wont be an option now, to have it pre-installed with Leopard. Quite disappointing, but id rather have it a few months later rather than inferior software.
If they release Leopard within 30 days of your purchase, you will get a free upgrade. That is what they did with Tiger and Panther. I find that Apple's quality assurance process are pretty thorough, especially compared to our friends in Redmond :rofl: I upgraded to Tiger the day it was released and never had any major problems with it. Vista on the other hand...
 

Jowl

Novice Member
I agree - 10.4 seemed pretty good out of the box. And 10.3 too really.

of course, the original OSX was troublesome!

I'll wait and see what happenes with the mini's. If they put in a C2D I might have one now with Tiger. Could use macbook for now as media computer but it's a bit akward
 

andyman5002

Novice Member
Looks like I bought at the right time :) Thats the one thing I was worried about not getting it if it came out straight away. Guess I will just buy it when it comes out.

Andy
 

scharf_10

Novice Member
So say i bought a laptop from the US on October 3rd (for example) and leopard came out on the 15th. What would be the policy for a free upgrade back here, as i would have a US laptop but be in Scotland, if that makes sense.

Scharf.
 

williemaykit

Active Member
In the pack that has the manuals, there will be a coupon. You will need to send it to the US. There might be a nominal charge for sending the media back to the UK. When I bought my PowerBook in Hong Kong just before tiger was released, there were coupons with the manuals for Tiger. The guy I buy from over there, took care of everything for me. I could either pay HK$100 (about £6) to have it shipped to the UK or just have it shipped for free to an address in Hong Kong. As my mate lives there, I just got it shipped there.

A colleague bought a UK mac mini (the original ones) a couple of weeks later and had the media shipped within a week.
 

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom