1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leon Superbit a Failure ?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by FoxyMulder, Aug 23, 2003.

1. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just read this review, i have the extended cut from a few years back and was really wanting this as a superbit suffice to say i WILL NOT be buying it now.

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/review/dvd-video_7/leon_sb.html

Seems the transfer doesnt improve much on the original release in particular the sound mix is worse.

2. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Hrm. I have the original, cut, R2 and have this superbit on pre-order. I think I'll buy it anyway, it's cheaper than the older uncut edition and has better video. The difference in audio sounds small and the missing extras are not significant IMO. A bit disapointing though.

Thanks for the heads-up.

3. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I always wondered why my extended edition version of Leon which i bought a few years back had little bass and poor surround activity, i put it down to it being a remix but it seems the truth is that an initial batch were faulty and i happen to have bought one, i got mine off Play247 from Jersey, i have emailed them today saying i would like a replacement since i was not to know initial batches were faulty and isbn numbers beginning with 4 on the top right side of the box means your version is defective.

Does anyone know if Play will replace my copy after 2 years +

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18328&highlight=leon

This also brings up the possibility that the Superbit version is defective and will be quietly recalled, that won't help anyone who's bought it and is unaware of the problem and thinks the inactive surrounds and poor bass is normal.

4. Racquel Darrian

Racquel Darrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
    They replaced mine after I had it for about one year!