Lenses for an E500

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Cobalt, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone here can help me - A few months back I bought a second-hand E500 off a friend with two-lense kit, spare batteries, flash and assorted other goodies at a very good price for the other half.

Now that it's getting a fair amount of use, I'm looking at getting a lense suitable for outdoor scenery shooting - Now unfortunately I'm not an expert in the slightest so haven't even got a clue what sort of lense I'm after, never mind what brand produce suitable lenses for the E500.

If anyone can point me in the right direction that'd be great - I'd like it to be a bit of a surprise hence why I've not consulted SWMBO though I doubt she'll complain if I get her even more gear to play with! I know it's not a top of the range camera though it's not bad and a step in the right direction with it being a DSLR so I'd like to see if I can get something to make the kit a bit more flexible as we do like to go out walking and doing a spot of photography though anything at more than a modest distance isn't really an option at present.

Also, be honest about whether it's worth the cash - I've seen ZD lenses upwards of £400-500 that appear to be suitable though that outweighs how much we spent on the rest of the gear by a long way and obviously I don't want to be investing into something that will lose a lot of value. The idea is that (hopefully) when we've got a bit more money we can go for a decent Canon setup and sell this little lot on to go a bit of the way towards it.

Thanks in advance.

John

2. Pirate!!

Pirate!!
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,217
    You need four-thirds (4/3) mount. Check this link out for lenses and prices.

Personally, unless you're going to stick with the system, maybe invest in whatever else you're considering and offer the E500 for sale. My first DSLR was the Evolt E500 2 lens kit and I sold mine due to lack of lenses. Times have changed since though.

Sigma 4/3 line-up