lense shift

Baz1

Standard Member
Reaction score
I will be purchasing a Projector in about 6 months time, giving me time to finish off my loft conversion. So I am starting to look at what you can get for the money. I will be sending up to 3000 max on a projector, and the room will be total light controlled. I will need lense shift sideways, due to the position of a wall.
My questions are,
What Projectors have lense shift.

How much movement can you get using it.

And my understanding is that you get no screen distorton like you do with keystone correction, is this ture.

Thanks,
Barry.

sanyo Z2 is the first machine I would look to, but it is somewhat under your budget so you may want something better. Im not sure what machines at higher end have the feature, certainly the HD2 optoma H76 does, but I dont know its coming to this country (though you could always import from the US).

It doesnt cause horrendous processing nasties like keystoning can, but if you use it at the extremes, you should expect some minor distortions

ad

From what I've read on the Nexnix site, the Sharp Z10 has 360 degree lens shift.
I haven't seen a unit, but if the sideways shift is the same as the vertical shift I have on my unit, then you will have no problems.

Your best to demo any unit first though to doublecheck.

Hi Kramer,

I thought the Z10 had horizontal shift.
Oh well, bit daft of them to fit a joystick to it if thats the case.

Back to configuring my PC I'm having problems with......

Daftboy,

You may be correct but certainly the Z9k only had vertical shift when I had it. I assumed the Z10k was identical apart from the HD2 chip etc..

I'm sure a Z10k owner (or previous owner - Messiah :)) can answer definitively.

:smoke:

Sorry Kramer, me being a fool.
I meant the Z10 which is a new one, not the Z10000.
The Z10 is LCD, and as you correctly state, the Z10000 is DLP.

I was speaking to NexNix as me and the wife were thinking of settin a projector up in the living room during the summer to watch the footy and invite a few mates round, but space is limited.
From what the sales lady was telling me, this seemed like the perfect option.
The link is here: http://www.shootandshow.com/sharp-XV-Z10E.htm
As it's 16:9, it will look nice through my Sky box.
Just got to have a chat with her indoors to see how much money I'm alowed to spend.....

Yes, Z10 & Z10k.......very confusing. My fault as much as yours :blush:

2 different PJs with very similiar names :)

Thanks boys,
Its something for me to go on. I wonder why the more expensive projector models do not have it. It allows for far greater positioning.

anyway thanks again,
Barry.

Optoma H76 is a more expensive projector :D Im going to look at one when im next over the pond

ad

Hi Buns,
I do hope you let us al know what you think, also see if you can compare it to others, I do like to read about shootouts.

Thanks,
Barry:smashin:

I wasnt suggesting i'll be there right away! Could be a few months, but if i get to see one, I'll report back!

ad

Hi Spodle,
Now that does look stylish, even slightly better looking than the Sim range. I was hoping for a DLP, but you never know?
It could be promising.
Thanks,
Barry:smashin:

im waiting for the tx100 to come out before making a decision as it has what I need in way of lense shift and zoom range for the size of room its going into. But I am looking at the options as well around this price mark

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom