Lens tube paint

VtwinTom

Novice Member
In my Vankyo V630 video projector I've noticed that the interior of the lens tube and the cavity between the lens tube and the LCD display is a combination of white and light gray plastic. My limited knowledge of cameras and telescopes tells me that perceived brightness, contrast and overall image detail could be improved if these areas were to be coated in a textured matte black finish to minimize stray light reflection. I would appreciate hearing any ones thoughts on this, especially from any one who has attempted this hack with positive results. Thanks in advance!

John7

Rather than paint, I think I would try to get hold of some self adhesive black flock material. Or maybe some mat black card which you can roll and insert in the tube.

VtwinTom

Novice Member
Rather than paint, I think I would try to get hold of some self adhesive black flock material. Or maybe some mat black card which you can roll and insert in the tube.
I was thinking the same but the area between the lens tube and LCD panel is an odd rectangular shape. Given the low cost of the projector I'm tempted to dissemble it and have a go at spraying it. Was hoping somebody else had tried or can impart their knowledge of optics to confirm my theory.

John7

Get some matt black card, cut, fold, inset it and try that first, to prove your theory.

If it works for you, make it permanent, paint away!

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom