1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lens for LCD Projectors

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by gotalifethanks, Jan 3, 2001.

1. gotalifethanks

gotalifethanks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hirez in the USA have a range of clip on lens for various projectors which, they claim, will quad the image output.
    Around $600 - Sony LCD 10HT

Anyone seen this going???
    TA

2. tiberious

tiberious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I`d be surprised if any lens could quadruple the image output (I know of some lens that allow full native panels to be utilised for different aspect ratios)- I`d love to have a look though - do you have a web address and product name ?

3. gotalifethanks

gotalifethanks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah
    www.hometheatre1.com or www.hirez.com

they seem to be down at the moment

they sell the lens but they don't make them - there is a link on their site to the people who do however.

ta

4. tiberious

tiberious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks mate - I`ll have a look-see and let you know.

5. tiberious

tiberious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    had trouble with both those address`s (hirez.com gives me webspice !!).Tried a different spelling hometheater.com , and got a site - couldn`t find ant lens listed though.

I did check on cgns.com.I wonder if maybe you are looking at something like their IMX 930 lens, which apparently "transforms visible pixels into smaller sub pixels".Effectively this doubles the number of pixels , giving a more "film-like image".

I think ISCO and CYGNUS are the main lens manufacturers - Gordon will, I`m sure, know far more about these products. The comments on AVS are very favourable however.