• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

lens distortion/physics question

MrFrosty

Established Member
Hi got this arugment running with the GF about distortion of lenses. hopefully someone can help me with some info !

FYI, i have a canon 300D with
10-22mm F3.5/4.5
24-105mm F4L
70-200mm F2.8L

the arugument centres around comparisions with what the naked eye can see against what you see through a lens.
for e.g at 10mm the wide angle lens fits an lot of landscape in the view finder, however the lens i have is meant to have very little barrel distorition, so is the image distorted? if a naked eye was to view the same landscape you couldn't focus on everything at the same time (too wide) but the lens does.

please help me out !!
is there is document on the subject i can read ?
ta

JayCee

Distinguished Member
jeremysnow1234 said:
Hi got this arugment running with the GF about distortion of lenses. hopefully someone can help me with some info !

FYI, i have a canon 300D with
10-22mm F3.5/4.5
24-105mm F4L
70-200mm F2.8L

the arugument centres around comparisions with what the naked eye can see against what you see through a lens.
for e.g at 10mm the wide angle lens fits an lot of landscape in the view finder, however the lens i have is meant to have very little barrel distorition, so is the image distorted? if a naked eye was to view the same landscape you couldn't focus on everything at the same time (too wide) but the lens does.

please help me out !!
is there is document on the subject i can read ?
ta

Just type "The human eye field of view" into Google and you will find many sites devoted to it with good explanations.

N

Nick Cartwright

jeremysnow1234 said:

Do not argue with GF, you will never win, even with irefutable proof that you are right! :devil:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom