• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Lens Damage?

Kev12

Hi.

I'm new to the world of SLR, I've had my D3000 since January.

I've been a bit careless and the camera was accidentally dropped, luckily it was in the case.
The only damage came from the lens cover twisting on impact with the floor and pressing into the lens surround.
From the photo, can I assume its just superficial(still takes good photos), or could it have caused unseen damage?http://www.avforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=184635&stc=1&d=1276595771

Attachments

• IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 62

shotokan101

Banned
If it's still focusing correctly and the shots look properly exposed and it's not making any unusual noises that it sounds O.K.

Jim

shotokan101

Banned
Yeah - know what you mean - just count your blessings this time I think - could have taken the camera out too...

Jim

Johnmcl7

Distinguished Member
I'd also make sure the aperture blades are working fully - choose some very small apertures (F16 or F22) and take some pictures to make sure the aperture blades can stop down properly. Fingers crossed it's all ok!

John

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom