1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lens change for Tosh PJs possible?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by JDC, Mar 28, 2002.

1. JDC

JDC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if the lens assembly from an MT1 can be replaced with that of the MT4? (much better throw ratio) I haven't yet looked inside so apologies if this is a non-starter of an idea.

Anyone out there work for Tosh & able to tell me definitively?

Not worried about warranty (expired). Am reasonably proficient at 'opening-covers-and- fiddling'

2. Parmenion

Parmenion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Sorry to answer a question with a question but as you are an "opener"..........any idea how I should open my MT1 in order to clean some 'orible dust blobs .....

cheers

Parmenion

3. JDC

JDC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not yet - I wanted to wait until I had a 'project' to justify opening it, but as soon as I do I'll get back to you. It can't be too tricky(?!)

Another question... what to you project on to? (wall/type of screen). I have only recently connected my HC kit up & test fired it against my DIY screen using a wooden frame & curtain blackout lining; It looks great to me, but I have nothing to compare it to. Lots of talk about B&Q's IceStorm paint.

4. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Parmenion: I recently opened my Sony projector because I like tinkering...

Obviously all projectors are not the same but some are pretty similar. At first I unscrewed the case and lifted the top off to find loads of boards/wires!... and not a lot to clean with my duster buster. I then put the lid back on and put it back together and turned the projector upside down. On my projector there is a compartment which houses the airfilter, and behind this is another fan which obstructs the LCD panels. I blew some compressed air into the fan/hole and cleaned the fan up and found that the picture was much 'sharper' afterwards.

How many fans do you have on your projector? and where are they located?.

James