Question Lens and sensor quality between DJI Air 2 and Mini 2?

Hi,
I'm looking for the quality of the video, keeping the weight of the drone very low.
I'm thinkng about DJI Air 2 and Mini 2. Apart from the settings, I'd like to know if the quality of the lens is the same between those 2 drones and above all if the Air 2 has a larger sensor than the Mini 2.
1000 Thanks

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Your best bet is probably YouTube to be honest plus comparing the specs from the dji website ....

McNab

I'm fairly sure the Air 2 has a larger sensor.

Yep. Quick google says Air 2 has 1/2" sensor and the Mini 2 1/2.3" sensor.

I thank you for the info, but I already knew this info. Since it has a very small lens and the quality of a smartphone, I wanted to be open if in practice this quality exists (not in theory). In other words, how notable is it?

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
I doubt unless you are looking for pro quality that the mini 2 will disappoint , the original mini was excellent ....

Maybe we look at videos differently. I couldn't even watch the video of the Mini. Even Mini 2 makes bad videos in 4K, they are almost without chromatism. Either I'm too picky or you don't care about video when you buy a drone. I understand that I will have to wait a few years before buying a drone because the "pro" drones today weigh too much and I need a lower weight. I have downloaded already edited videos, maybe I need to download some raw footage and then edit it myself.
However I watch videos on a 65 "TV (Sony Bravia).
Thanks for your suggestions.

McNab

Hi,
I'm looking for the quality of the video, keeping the weight of the drone very low.
I'm thinkng about DJI Air 2 and Mini 2. Apart from the settings, I'd like to know if the quality of the lens is the same between those 2 drones and above all if the Air 2 has a larger sensor than the Mini 2.
1000 Thanks

I thank you for the info, but I already knew this info. Since it has a very small lens and the quality of a smartphone, I wanted to be open if in practice this quality exists (not in theory). In other words, how notable is it?

Why ask then?

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Believe me , if I had any issues then I would be the first to say so , maybe your expecting too much eh ....

Hi friends,
you already know I'm taking interest only in 2 subjects: the little weight and the
video quality. These are two things that don't get along. ;)
I'll use the drone in Africa to integrate the 4K video footage made
with a good camera. I'll add a few minutes only of the video
made with the drone (max 2-3 minutes). My questions are: 1) The
Mavic Air 2 has the largest sensor but if you do the math, the
difference is negligible with the Mini 2. The bitrate is 120 instead of 100
bitrate and this too is quite paltry. When I will take the video
I will probably don't setting the drone camera so well well for reason
lack of time and fatigue. 2) If I were to use HDR with
the Air 2 in making the video but then I don't activate the HDR on the TV monitor
(Sony Bravia 65 "), will I notice a slightly better video or not at all?
Unfortunately it is difficult to rate the videos on youtube. I'd like to know: the best quality of the
video you get with the Air 2 is noticeable instantly or not much?
I hope you will answer these two questions of mine in an exhaustive way, but only if you use both, Mini 2 and Air 2 drones, because only you
you can give me these tips, both for the experience you have but also
because you have them both. If you were me, which of the two drones would you buy?
Thank you.

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
I saw a video of the mini compared to the mini 2 and the video quality was noticeably better , to the point I can’t see why you will have issues unless you are looking for pro quality results , and in that case it will weigh far more and be larger , it might help if you expand on exactly what you are going to do with the footage ....

I'd like to use the drone around the world, but in remote areas where there are no laws of any kind. I make documentaries and I shoot with my GH5 camera. I'd like mix the videos shot with the drone with those of my camera.
Of course I will only add a few minutes to my documentary.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom