Lenovo V15-IIL drops Wifi a few minutes after boot

peter666

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey, I've got a question. I have just set up a new laptop - Lenovo V15-IIL model 82C5 with Win 10 Home 64bit and once I finished I noticed the following problem. Laptop starts up showing it's already connected to my router using wifi, I log in on the login screen, everything boots up aas normal, it's still connected to wifi. Then after a few minutes from boot, always after the same time, it disconnects from wifi. When I was setting up wifi I ticked the box to 'connect automatically'. to my network. When it disconnects a few minutes after boot, I have to click to connect again, but I noticed that the 'connect automatically' isn't ticked there anymore so I reenable it. Same happens with every boot. I updated the Realtek 8822CE drivers to the latest ones and it didn't help, I also ran Windows Update and installed whatever was missing, that didn't help either. Once I reconnect wifi it doesn't disconnect after that until the next reboot. I found all sorts of solutions to wifi disconnecting and applied the one that prevents switching off the network adapted depending on the battery power plan. It didn't change anything. Most of these solutions I found were related to wifi randomly dsisconnecting, mine is quite precise, always after the same time after boot. Can anyone help?

If you're going to try random solutions from internet searches then make sure you undo them after you determine they don't work as some of those sorts of solutions have to potential to cause other issues down the line.

The network connection works fine during the initial period and you can access stuff over the network (your internet connection for example)?

Does event log show anything at the time?

Initially run the network troubleshooter and see if that can fix it, right click on the network icon>troubleshoot problems
Other things you can try -
1) forget the network and set it up again
Click on the WiFi icon in the taskbar. Click on Network Settings. Under the Wireless Network Connection section, choose Manage Wi-Fi Settings. Then from under Manage Known Networks, Click the name of your wireless network and choose Forget. Restart your computer.
Click on the WiFi icon in the taskbar and click on your WiFi network from the list of available networks.
Make sure that you check the Connect automatically. Click on Connect.
2)Stop your computer from turning its WiFi adapter off to save power
Right click on the Start button and click on Device manager.
Double click on the Network adapters section to expand it.
Figure out which of the adapters in the list that appears is your computer’s WiFi adapter and then right click on it. From the right click menu, click on Properties.
In the dialogue that appears, click on the Power management tab to navigate to it. Uncheck the Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power. Click on OK.

hmm personally I never had Lenovo so I don't know too much about them but I have heard that they are not very good.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom