Lenovo Tab 2 A7-30F, Upgrade Help

Member 765338

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all
So, we have a customer wants to update his Lenovo Tab 2 A7-30F. He was able to get android 5.0 to install on the unit and running. It originally came with 4.4. He says now that he installed to 5.0 sometimes the playstore will not show up. He says he has to restart to get the playstore back on his tablet.

He upgraded the software with several google play apks, good services, playstore, etc, says most of the time works great.

He is asking can we upgrade to 7.0 or 8.0 oreo.

Of course lenovo has not offered a update in many years, as they have given up, trying to sell there new tablets i guess.

Is there possibly a standard package for android to upgrade , all tablets, or are we sol because the manufacture has not offered any update.

any info would be great
thanks

If there is no Vendor update, this can only be done by rooting the device and installing a custom ROM which carries plenty of risks and personally I am not advising it be done. Most Tablets get 2 version of android provided after there release in the best case so no chance this has a more recent one I would think.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom