Question Lenovo T431s issue

rallychief

Just got a Lenovo T431s today and when you type the no;s 5 and 6 appear in the text, along with t and y and when you type 5t appears like that and 6y like that any ideas, 0 signs of damage it was packed superbly, it wasn't doing it before dispatch.

Cheers Chris

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
It could be dirt or something in the keyboard, but on a brand new laptop I'd just get the retailer to fix it rather than mucking about yourself.

It seems much more likely to be an issue with the contacts than anything software-related given the problem characters are close together physically but not in data terms.

rallychief

Not new, just new to me delivered by courier, but this thing was so well packed i find it hard to believe, that it has sustained any damage, plus it's a mil spec machine designed to take a knock, just realised i am on it, been typing on another machine , it seems to have fixed itself, now that IS weird,

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
plus it's a mil spec machine designed to take a knock

I'm afraid the 'mil-spec' claim is pretty meaningless:

It wasn't advertised as a rugged or even semi-rugged model so I wouldn't expect it to be designed for much more than the knocks it'll receive when being carried around every day in a padded laptop bag.

just realised i am on it, been typing on another machine , it seems to have fixed itself, now that IS weird,

It's not uncommon for these sorts of issues to be intermittent. Hopefully it was just a bit of dirt that's now been dislodged.

rallychief

Just had a silly thought about this, when i got it, i went over it with a sanitising wipe as i am vulnerable to Covid, that couldn't have done it surely, or could it, oh dear it was wasn't it, issue went away within about 24 hrs using it now btw.

Cheers Chris

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom