Lenovo G70 HELP

liamthefirst

Prominent Member
Reaction score
spec,
Lenovo G70 Laptop, Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 1TB + 8GB, 17.3", NVIDA GeForce 820M 2G, Black
Buy Lenovo G70 Laptop, Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 1TB + 8GB, 17.3", Black | John Lewis
I ordered this online from john Lewis and picked it up yesterday, but I think they have given me the wrong one as I cant find listed in device manager the "NVIDA GeForce" card

can someone help me check before I call up and potentially make myself look like a tit

thanks

Liam

so if I open the program and nothing happens it hasn't got the card? the program loads but all boxes are blank

I've just downloaded it, and it brought up my GPU details upon opening the program.

So on the face of it, it looks like it's not present, or it's not working.

Ok thanks. Very annoying. This is now the second laptop that has come without the graphics card that's stated on the website. First from staples and now john Lewis.

John Lewis have told me they will change it over but I have a feeling the new one will be the same.

Can you right click on the desktop and see nvidia control panel in the options? Open it up if so and it should tell you then what card you have. Perhaps the driver isn't installed at all.

Can you right click on the desktop and see nvidia control panel in the options? Open it up if so and it should tell you then what card you have. Perhaps the driver isn't installed at all.

Nope nothing.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448185993.920408.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448186036.851508.jpg

Have you been into the bios (Press Fn + F2 at start-up) to check if there's an option to toggle between integrated and nvidia card?.

Would the drivers (or lack of) prevent the card showing as display adapter in device manager?

Would the drivers (or lack of) prevent the card showing as display adapter in device manager?
I'm sure it would display with the Yellow question mark if it was there. But always worth a shot getting them manually and installing them to see what happens i suppose.

There's a bit of confusion over model numbers by the looks of it (ie they don't label them very well). The John Lewis one is advertised as a G70, but it should be the G70-70 or G70-80. Looks like they've given you the basic version by accident. Is it showing is 4gb or 8gb of ram?

There's a bit of confusion over model numbers by the looks of it (ie they don't label them very well). The John Lewis one is advertised as a G70, but it should be the G70-70 or G70-80. Looks like they've given you the basic version by accident. Is it showing is 4gb or 8gb of ram?

They couldn't say for sure if it was or wasn't meant to have the chip.

how much did you pay for the first one?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom