Lenovo C500 DLP - Sources for reviews, comments?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by willp2, May 7, 2007.

1. willp2

willp2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I just got a new Lenovo C500 DLP Projector that was included at a low cost with a larger hardware purchase.

So far I have been unable to find any reviews for this thing. Can anyone point me to some reviews, or can you comment on the projector itself? I'm guessing that Lenovo doesn’t actually make this thing, so perhaps it is the OEM equivalent of a similar model from another brand?
    Just trying to figure out if I want to build a theater around it, or sell it and get something better.

Thanks!

2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,450
    http://www.projectorcentral.com/Lenovo-C500.htm

http://www5.pc.ibm.com/uk/products.nsf/$wwwPartNumLookup/_41U3038?OpenDocument

There are better projectors out there, but this is not unlike a good machine that was around 4 or 5 years ago, so may be a good start for you. You can get a 1280 x 720 DLP or LCD home cinema projector for around the same price that this model goes for on ebay, so you may want to consider selling it on. You can try it and see what you think of it before you do that though just in case you find it perfectly adequate for your needs.

It's very bright so unless you're going to be using a huge screen, you may need an ND2 or ND4 filter to dim it down a bit. It's also quite noisy by todays standards.

Gary

3. willp2

willp2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Gary. That is helpful. I am trying to figure out as much as possible before I try it as its still in an unopened box and I don't want to lower the value of it unless I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep it.

-Will

4. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,450
    If we know your budget and the screen size you want, we might find you something better suited.

Gary