1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Length of Component Cables

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Barnoonan, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Barnoonan

Barnoonan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have a DVD that I want to connect ot my new Panasaonic AE700 projector.

I want to use component cables but I am concerned about the length I need.

Probably about 10m.

I have read a tonne of stuff about impedence etc but don't really understand so what I want is a simple answer.

Will the length be a problem if I spend about £60 on IXOS or Profigold cables?

Anyone got any suggestions about a better make? I don't really want to sepdn £200 as I am unlikely to notice the difference.

Thanks in advance

:lease:

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    Barnoonan

Assuming that your DVD player has YUV Component 'Out' - not all of them do; though some folk assume they do :)

Look in the Power Buy section for Mark Grant cables or do a search for VanDamme Red Series cables - you'll pay a bit more than £60.00 for a decent 10m set and yes you would 'see' a visual difference between these and less well engineered/manufactured cables.

Best regards

Joe

3. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Barnoonan,

Got to agree with Joe. I have one of Mark Grant's 10m component cables to my infocus 5700, and it is a really good picture. I am just using it for my XBOX with progressive output, as my DVD is connected via HDMI, but it is still a supurb picture. Can't recommend Mark enough for service and quality cables. By the way, his 10m one is £140 delivered! :)