Lemony Snickett's 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' coming from Netflix

series_of_unfortunate_events_ver2_xlg.jpg

All episodes now available :)

Just binged the first two ("The Austere Academy"), Carmelita Spats steals the show as expected.

Plenty of laugh out loud bits so far!

Just finished The Hostile Hospital which I think was my favourite pair of episodes so far. Lucy Punch is hilarious as Esme Squalor, and Nathan Fillion's super-cool volunteer is top notch.

Took a break to finish Star Trek Discovery off, and back in to the absolutely wonderful first episode of the Carnivorous Carnival. Had to rewatch the opening scene a few times :)

Going to miss this show.

Superb season that went out on a high with The Hostile Hospital and The Carnivorous Carnival.

Nice to see that Allison Williams is playing who I thought she would too.

It's going to be a long wait for the last season.

I've got to say that
Madame Lulu completely fooled me. Top class makeup and acting, you might call it a Very Fine Disguise :)

Prequel clip here (from the first ep of the Carnivorous Carnival):

Don't think there are S2 spoilers there but might want to avoid unless you know who Jacques Snicket is. If you haven't seen S1 then don't watch.

All done and dusted. Damn, the CC part 2 really got to me. The darkest episode yet :(.

Can't say I wasn't warned though. "Look away" etc.

Anyone had a problem with this not playing in Dolby Vision or HDR?
It’s labelled as DV but didn’t give the usual on screen confirmation on my LG C8.

Tried it on my Nvidia Shield but no HDR either.

Last edited:
A "very fine date" :) My eldest is already stoked.

Finished it this evening. Wonderful stuff altogether, and a very faithful adaptation of the books, both the good and the bad. The production design and costuming is stunning and the performances are all top notch. The only criticism I have is that Neil Patrick Harris' Olaf lacks menace and is played too much for laughs, which is a pity as he is really quite talented.

Only a few episodes in, but enjoying it.

Had no idea it was Richard E. Grant playing the man with a beard but no hair.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom