LeMans 24hrs 2015

Discussion in 'F1, MotoGP & Other Motorsports' started by John, Jun 12, 2015.

1. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,350
    In honour of @Ed Selley who will be having tons of fun sitting infront of the TV for 24hrs watching the race and @Phil Hinton who confidently predicted Audi would lock out the front row
    I give you a LeMans thread

Other than Ed , who else will be watching ?

1500 start Saturday I believe

[​IMG]

Don't know too much about it myself :blush:
    Isn't Mark Webber in a Porche and Nico Hulkenburg has a drive on his weekend off

2. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,997
    3pm CET is the start so 2pm for the UK. Much as I don't want Audi to win, I'm worried that the Porsche 919 is too fragile to last the full 24 hours and Toyota seem to have forgotten how to go fast. Nissan... let's just call this a development year.

You can watch the whole thing on Eurosport 1 and I've been given a code to test the new Eurosport player as well to give some feedback here after the race. Watching the whole thing is a bit much but the start is game for a laugh, as is sunset, some night racing and the last two hours are always brilliant. Be prepared for truly banal commentary and if you've never watched the race before you need to readjust your understanding of 'close.' A lead of minutes means very little when some repairs can take 20.

3. Sniper Ash6

Sniper Ash6
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,695
    I've seen the other WEC races this year - Silverstone in person - and am going to watch as much of this as I can. The variety in the field is just brilliant, it's a shame Nissan are behind on their car but they still seem to be making a lot of progress

4. Kirki

Kirki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +245
    Saw the Nissan when they had one of their cars on a promo at the Etihad few weeks back, and it looked so much nicer in person. Also struck me how small/compact it was - was expecting a huge car since it's a P1. All the kids (and their dads) loved seeing the car there, so well done to Nissan. Clearly off the pace this year but hope they can get all 3 cars to the finish.

5. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,997
    Something is decidedly amiss with the 911 GT Car this year...

6. bobflunkit

bobflunkit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +726
    Love it. a bit of a geek fest, but I love it. A massive effort of commitment, bravery,endurance,skill and that's just the fans and viewers and commentators.

This years 911 really does seem to have issues, are they just pushing the limits to much and creating to much heat build up. As they've had fires at other wec races earlier in the season.

The technology is mind boggling as is the commentators ability to waffle on for hours on end about what to most would seem the most mundane dross. But that really is part of the spectacle to me.

Coffee is a wonderful thing.

7. KiLLiNG-TiME

KiLLiNG-TiME

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,747
    It will have to be as I'll have MotoGP to watch as well today :)

Been an interesting nights racing i was kinda hoping for a tortoise hair effect for the Toyota but i think that maybe just wishful thinking but anything can happen. Those Nissan's are lovely.

8. bobflunkit

bobflunkit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +726
    Really can't imagine what it's like to drive one of those Nissans, nearly 600hp and front wheel drive.

My sky+ box has been on overdrive the past week, Le Mans practice,qualifying,race. MotoGP practice,quali,race. And a little cycling for good measure.

More coffee!

9. KiLLiNG-TiME

KiLLiNG-TiME

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,747
    Snap with my TiVo besides the cycling :D

kettle time again...

10. hallanthony

hallanthony

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Ours too, but add in the IOM TT races

Ended up as a really enjoyable race, shame the LMP1s didn't fight too in the second half, first half some great racing, though the rest of the field made up for it :)

11. KiLLiNG-TiME

KiLLiNG-TiME

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,747
    Well now i am awake again you have to say Porsche nailed it this year so well done to them, can't wait to the Nissan next year though should be good if they continue to develop like they have done this year. Toyota really need a wake up call great steady car but wheres the pace after last year i really thought they'd come back fighting but there you go. Audi did well but to many little niggles set them back. But all in all a great 24hours.

12. Showoff

Showoff
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,243
    I was there this year for the first time, but won't be the last. It was a boys weekend with mates who have all been before and I've already said I'm 100% going again next year. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List