1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lektropaks Speaker cable

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by hornydragon, May 17, 2002.

1. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Does anyone use lektropaks speaker cable? what is it like? I was thinking of using their Bi-wire cable or a couple of runs of 129 strand as it is same price for the run I need. Are their Banna plugs any good? the all gold ones as they are a bit more expensive than RS. anyone know what Gale XL 160-2 is like as that is another option.:D :D :D
    Cheers HD

2. sofaboy

sofaboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If your after a cheaper option for long runs but good qaulity.... a lot of people now are using computer network cable .... look on

www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/ffrc_e.html

I did it and it sounds qaulity and I could really notice the diiference.. This is another option for you, anyhooo......

A 100 meters of this cable is about £30 from maplins :D

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Thanx m8t that is a great site, I might give that a go, anyone know where you can get CAT-5 with a nice outer insulation, grey just isn't me. I might have a go at some PS cable as well, awsome stuff.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I have been reading about this cable all day now and have a couple of questions, using 3 or 6 strands of cat 5 per cable leaves alot of copper at each end, I think too much for onr banana plug so do you stack them up? If anyone has made these cables I would love to see some photos of what they look like.

5. sofaboy

sofaboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi mate,

what you have to do is get a good pair of pliers and twist the strands together really tight (I know this is common sense).Its just what I did and had no problem with them fitting in any plugs

But then again it depends on how big your plugs are.... They do fit and belive me you will hear a difference at half the cost.

:D