1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legitimate Plasma Dealer?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Sam Carter, May 24, 2002.

1. Sam Carter

Sam Carter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,471
    Sam

Plasma displays are available to the 'trade' in the UK from three sources:

01. Direct from the manufacturer - approved resellers.

02. Via UK distribution - not sure how the manufacturers classify the resellers when they purchase through a distributor but some manufacturers (Fujitsu and NEC) tend to only deal with resellers in this way,

03. Via non UK distributor - definitely not approved in any way.

To gain option two with most product line ups is not too difficult so Tom, Dick and Harry can become Plasma reseller overnight if they have a good credit rating and know who to talk to.

Resellers who sell everything and anything tend to fall into option two as a manufacturer backed dealer will probably have a more limited array of products.

Best regards

Joe

PS And of course there is option 04 - where someone simply gets around any reseller restrictions and cross ships kit from an approved dealer to a no approved dealer.

3. PlasmaIan

PlasmaIan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I purchased my Toshiba 42wp16 from here in March.

No problems , delivered on day i requested. Initially said there would be a charge for credit card but waived this when i said i'll go elsewhere. included stand for 'free' as well.

4. Sam Carter

Sam Carter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the feedback. Do they come to the house and install the unit ie drill holes in the wall for concealed wires, wall mount etc?

5. PlasmaIan

PlasmaIan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    No

I was after a table stand version so did not enquire about fitting - delivery was by courier.

it only takes a call to ask - they may have links with an installer

6. spicymackerel

spicymackerel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had excellent service when I recently bought an NEC MP43 plasma sync. I searched around quite a bit and this company gave the best price. Were even able to organise delivery up to the Shetland Islands without delay or undue hassle. They were one of the first to offer the new mp43 as well so they must be reasonably well connected.

You always have to be careful though. I lost money when I recently got caught with a mail order firm 'projectavision' going bust between taking my payment and supplying goods - now I have niether.