Legion Season 2 Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Thoroughly enjoyed the first season, really looking forward to starting season 2!

Already watched the first episode and it was a cracker. Can't wait to see how it plays out. The first season was one of the best debuts of a show in recent years.

Is it me or has Jemaine Clement been working out? That opening scene he looked thinner then the last series?
Looks to me like this season will continue the stunning visionary masterpiece of the first season, the ideas they come up with are stunning, the art form, the acting, love it. Dan Stevens has said with this season he wants the viewer to have no idea what’s going on, love it!!
Only in Legion do they make sense of an actor who never talks with a basket on their head haha!

What with the return of this today and Westworld next week I’m in TV heaven :) although my other favourite has been Altered Carbon which I find another visionary masterpiece.

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed the start of the new season, and the music is also as good as it has been throughout.

Thanks for the review Cas.

Really liked season 1 so hoping the new season will be at a similar level quality wise. And hopefully lots more of stuff like this

Just bought S1 in Blu so I can re-watch to fully prepare for S2.

I thought this was a genuinely great TV series that transcended genre. Intelligent, magnificently realised television.

I have a deja vu feeling I watched the first episode and never went back. It was visually very good but I was not sure about the whole X-men tie in... Will give it a another go at some point. However so much stuff out there so little time... and finally some sun so yeah one for the list of stuff to watch...

Watched S02E01 last night. Loved it.

Somehow they've managed to maintain the level of groovy, psychedelic insanity from the first season and give the story another spin.

The moustached GLaDOS-voiced assistants are really unsettling, but the scene where Syd switched with the cat was a stroke(*) of genius!

(*) OK, OK, I'll get my coat...

This brings the word "weird" to whole new heights but its just works. 10 minutes into the first episode and I had absolutely no idea what was going on and i loved it.

I like the first season but could not get this image out of my head whenever I saw the main character.

I think it might have been the haircut.

Zoolander.jpg

For those with Virgin Media, S1 is available in full via On Demand, and episodes 7,8 and 9 (!) of season 2. Seems to be on the Fox channel...

I like the first season but could not get this image out of my head whenever I saw the main character.

I think it might have been the haircut.

Zoolander.jpg

The main guy reminds me of a mix of the guy from Heroes and Jesse from Diagnosis Murder:
MiloVentimiglia.jpg
latest

Last edited:
Just about managed to stay with season 1 but slept off during ep1 of season 2 as it was so bonkers and I couldn't make any sense out of it. Sorry but I'm giving up on it. It was supposed to be a tie in to X men but haven't seen any connection to make me keep watching. I'm out.

It's getting very hard to tell what is the real world and what is not, especially with plant pot head and his followers. Sydney is still in it, which is good!

I just couldn't get on with it at all. watched the first series and that was an utter struggle. Yes it looks pretty and sounds good but by christ it was so boring at times.

Thanks for this, never heard of it and tbh, have never seen Xmen, so wouldn't have been that interested. After ep 1, I was hooked, now 5 eps in. Fantastic direction/editing/sound stage, hope the quality keeps up!

Loved season one. Enjoyed episode 1 of season 2. Taking me a bit of time to adjust.

Anyone else notice the flickering FOX channel logo inside the orb? Intentional?

Solid 2nd episode too. Slightly more grounded than the 1st - which for once was nice. I could follow it no problem! [emoji23]

I really like that it's in it's own Marvel world, in the same way Netflix do Daredevil and The Punisher.

I can see why it's not for everyone, but for me it's very intelligent stuff and I love the style as well. The characters are also quite basic, but interesting and well written.

Good pacing as well, and there's always plenty to absorb each episode. Not like some shows that are just padded fluff week in, week out. And you know which one I'm talking about [emoji23]

Can't wait for next week. But wish all episodes were available at once. Imagine watching them back to back. It would be one hell of a trip!!

Cheers for the glowing multidimensional review, Cas.
Just started the second series and as it's not as trippy, lengthy or, ultimately soul crushing as some 'Planets' I had back at Uni, I'll stick with it and smile at the effects. Hah, millennial Cenobites. However, if they start having conversations in proper time while the music they're listening to sounds in slow motion, I may well be hitting stop...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom