Legend

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by BrynTeg, May 17, 2002.

1. BrynTeg

BrynTeg
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,017
    Recieved this packed disc yesterday,pic and sound are both top class and the packaging is neat too,

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    HI,

Bought my copy today from local "dodgy guy" in town, for a measly £22, (sealed and unused of course), and I have to agree.

This is one of my fave Ridley Scott films, even though a lot of critics didn't like it. The sheer darkness of it, in tone, is great! And the DVD's are amazing, both picture and sound wise.

The extras, are also pretty good, with trailers, an audio commentary, a 50-minute documentary, music videos, and other featurettes as well.

The only minor downside, for me at least, is that the US Theatrical Cut (on Disc 2), only has Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround Sound, and not DD 5.1 or even DTS. Personally, I prefer the Tangerine Dream score, so hearing that in DD 5.1 or DTS would have really made this disc the proverbial bees-knees set for me.

However, despite this minor issue, it's still an excellent film and DVD set. The packaging is good, though some bright spark thinks it would be clever to security tag them all (ala Virgin and HMV), but place the tag inside the clear packaging, between the cover and back-of-the-DVD holder! Hence, it's totally immovable! :mad:

Still, 9/10 all things considered!

Pooch