Legend - Help needed please!

h0l1yw0od

Established Member
Reaction score
I think there is some stuff on this on the bulletin boards over at http://www.dvdfile.com .

It seems quite popular, is it really that good?

------------------
I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away.

I caught the last few minutes last night, it was very........ well, 'Eighties' I 'spose, hence the reason why it was shown.

------------------
K'ung Fu-tse

The poster formerly known as PeteH, who is awaiting an apology from a certain individual....

Stuff up for auction on E-Bay

Good film indeed.
Not a lot of people know it either, but that's Tim Curry running around like a big red lobster!
Taped it to watch at some point. Only saw it once years ago.
Should be a laugh.
smile.gif

------------------
Douch!!......Wot's da madder, da CIA got you pushing too many penzils?

Work: www.hughes-tv.co.uk

Hi All,

Can anyone help me please? I placed an order, of which one of the DVD's I requested was for the Tom Cruise film "Legend" (via Play 24/7), which was to include both the UK 90-minute cut with Jerry Goldsmith's music score, and the US 107-minute cut with music by Tangerine Dream, in one double-DVD set.

Alas, this title has been cancelled, (all other discs have been shipped to me) and I have yet to see any other website with any information on this movie, who can state when or if it will be released.

Therefore, I know how good you people are at detective work, and I was hoping someone might be able to help me. Is this title going to be release? If so, does anyone know when, seeing as it was due to come out on 1st Jan this year?

If anyone can help, it would bve appreciated very much!

Pooch.

P.S. I know the film was on BBC2 last night, 3rd Feb - but they have a strange hybrid version: it's the 90 minute European version, but with the US Tangerine Dream soundtrack! Most odd - unless some seriously, heavy-duty censoring took place!

Hi All,

Thanks for your help.

Personally, I really enjoy "Legend". There's very few true fantasy films ever made, and by fantasy films, I mean material like "Lord Of The Rings", "The Dark Crystal", or "Labyrinth", and the like. It seems to be a long-forgotten genre, which is a shame.

"Legend" may have a not-too-great plot, and some of the acting is pretty bad, and there's little in the way of script, but despite all that, I still love the grandly gothic sequences that Ridley Scott created. Plus, Mia Sara, looks stunning in that white flowing "princesses" dress! Tim Curry is great, and unrecognisable, as Darkness, and some of the scenes are actually very brutal. Witness the opening scene, when we pan through Darkness' castle, and watch as one of the devil-like demons chops up another monster on a table, with some kind of machete or similar instrument! The screams of pain, the monster illicits, will really unnerve you!

Also, some of you may not know this, but when Scott removed the famed "Unicorn" scene from his 1982 movie "Blade Runner", he addded the exact same sequence straight into "Legend". And, if you compare "Legend" with "Blade Runner: Director's Cut", you'll see the exact same "Unicorn" footage crop up!

Pooch

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom