Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Legal mp3 to car cd player?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by steve_m, Jan 11, 2005.

1. steve_m

steve_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm an mp3 newbie and want an mp3 player to connect up to my car's single CD player (no cassette deck). I know about iTrip and iDock that are apparently not legal in the UK as they broadcast on FM frequencies. Also know about Denison Ice which I don't think will work for me as there's no CD multi-changer in my car. Anyone have any ideas as to a suitable mp3 player and connection mechanism?

2. lee-s

lee-s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes admittedly they do transmit on the fm freq's but i doubt anyone would try and sue you for using one. i mean, they only have a few feet broadcasting range and those laws are for pirate stations. its not like you can have one if yr car and transmit to the world is it :D

3. Kano

Kano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is an advert in the January issue of Stuff magazine that advertise car kits for the Sony NW-HD1 music player. They may have kits for MP3 players. I have not checked the site myself.

Have a look at WWW.autoentertainment.net .

4. steve_m

steve_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    point taken - maybe I'm just too squeaky clean! Just wanted to see what options there were.

5. steve_m

steve_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sony NW-HD1 adaptor looks interesting - Thanks - I'll investigate further. If anyone's interested, they also do one for the iPod - details at http://www.connects2.com.