legal issue re Faulty Sony G9505TV ?

The issue you might find yourself in is given the timing then any replacement to wont be as good as the Sony. Can you wait till Black Friday or is it worth keeping the Sony because it's probably going to be better than anything you get now for the same price.

Ok so i keep a faulty tv, with little prospect of it being fixed, and the fault is with the very thing i bought it for mmm let me think

Is the TV faulty?

Or is it a firmware issue that many other people with the TV have?

If it's the latter then they're going to have to fix it and the only issue you're having until they do is no Atmos on TV apps. Can you not use your Bluray player for streaming apps if it has them or some other device?

I can understand why you're disappointed with it but returning it for something thats going to have to get fixed and having to spend another £500+ to get an equivalent TV seems a bit counterproductive.

Don't get me wrong, I see your point. What I'm trying to say is you spent £1200 on a very good quality Tv. To spend the same amount now will get you a so so Tv. What I'm saying is is it worth changing the Tv for a firmware issue (which should get fixed) for a Tv that overall is worse than what you had and probably won't have the Netflix settings you wanted anyway. Just take a step back, breath and think is the Netflix issue really worth getting a worse overal Tv as a replacement. Don't rush it. What ever you do decide best of luck

Netflix enhanced, other than Atmos, is just settings for motion, colour, brightness etc.

It's not altered for different content, it's just blanket applied when you switch to Netflix and nothing you can't do yourself on any TV.

Well no one is willing to honour the warranty if H firmware installed, or swap it for a TV that doesn't have the issue, unless i pay the difference, so its option refund, so they are collecting it, and i will have a refund, which means i have to get another TV smartish they will of course not give refund until this tv is back in the warehouse, so i need a 65" tv on the hurry up at least as good as an xg 9505, anyone have any thoughts. around £1200

It doesn't exist unfortunately, unless you get lucky with 65 xg9505 via the Sony refurb site. The XH9505 is superb so try and haggle that down in price. I got £250 discount with Richer S's on mine so always worth an ask.

Yes i see what you are saying, but i am beginning to believe that on a balance, of probability's, that Sony having had 3 months to sort out this issue, either can't or won't do so, so i have to make a decision, i bought a tv, because it had a specific function, which made it a bit future proof, the eARC function, that doesn't, work, and i feel now that is never going to work, so what is this 3 month old tv now worth, with a fault. i have an opportunity, to get rid of it for what i paid let me see what should i do.

I want a tv that has the functions i want, and they work, and will continue to work , ok i might have to spend a little more, but it won't be as much as it would be if i had to sell this one with a fault, what i hope is a nearly new Sammy Q80 or the like will pop up, for the money that i will have, whatever i will have a tv that works, and the people who have left me in this situation for 3 months and just really not bothered, will lose on the set not me, i will never deal with richer again, and i have been doing so off and on for 25 years, this was my 3rd Sony tv in 10 years, never again, what would it have cost them to have addressed this in a proper manner, lets face it all i have asked for really is permission to install H model firmware and not invalidate the warranty, or to have said we can't fix this, we will give you a tv that works

Yes i see what you are saying, but i am beginning to believe that on a balance, of probability's, that Sony having had 3 months to sort out this issue, either can't or won't do so, so i have to make a decision, i bought a tv, because it had a specific function, which made it a bit future proof, the eARC function, that doesn't, work, and i feel now that is never going to work, so what is this 3 month old tv now worth, with a fault. i have an opportunity, to get rid of it for what i paid let me see what should i do.

I want a tv that has the functions i want, and they work, and will continue to work , ok i might have to spend a little more, but it won't be as much as it would be if i had to sell this one with a fault, what i hope is a nearly new Sammy Q80 or the like will pop up, for the money that i will have, whatever i will have a tv that works, and the people who have left me in this situation for 3 months and just really not bothered, will lose on the set not me, i will never deal with richer again, and i have been doing so off and on for 25 years, this was my 3rd Sony tv in 10 years, never again, what would it have cost them to have addressed this in a proper manner, lets face it all i have asked for really is permission to install H model firmware and not invalidate the warranty, or to have said we can't fix this, we will give you a tv that works

I really appreciate your disappointment but technology and/or update issues happen across all brands. The new LG CX has screen tear issues and owners are being promised an update. The Q80 wont be as good as the XG95 so to be brutal you are going to end up with a lesser quality set, possibly for more money due to a relatively minor issue that I'm sure will be rectified in the not to distant future. Have you had a response from Sony via the email I sent you?

I spoke to Sony, they pretty much said their engineers are working on it, you have to wait, they have had 3 months, what are they going to do tomorrow, they couldn't have done months ago.

I spoke to Sony, they pretty much said their engineers are working on it, you have to wait, they have had 3 months, what are they going to do tomorrow, they couldn't have done months ago.

Last edited:
lifes to short to wait for others to help make up your mind. id be on the phone to richer sounds asking for it to be collected and id pay the extra to get something i believe would make me happier in the long run. either the q90t samsung or well to be honest nothing else as id get one tv at a time and just hope its the one for me.....good luck and just try another brand worst case is you end up buying another sony after realising it was still better than the rest. it does not matter to anyone else its what matters to you that counts...

Utterly fail to see what this has to do with Richer Sounds. It's completely an issue with Sony. How you think Richer is responsible or why they should replace or refund is beyond me. It's bugger all to do with them.

Okay thread closed, the tv is being collected i am getting a refund, and will be getting another tv

No can't get any sound downwards from Tv, other than via an optical cable, and yes My Blu Ray Player, Hi Media Q10 Pro, Tivo V6, box, and my old dvd recorder, are connected directly to Receiver.

Edit maybe i should modify my post to say i have no ARC of any kind then, hadn't considered that

Cheers Chris
bit confused but if ARC is still working then in order to get sound to pass through to my AVR from my Sony android tv I have to enable CEC on my AVR and Sony sync on my tv. same for my other Sony tv where I haveto enable anynet+ ( CEC) on my Samsung soundbar and Sony sync on that tv too. btw my Sony XF doesnt have EARC but it still passes ATMOS content to my AVR my tvs are set to passthrough all sound to an external devices too (

Ok so i keep a faulty tv, with little prospect of it being fixed, and the fault is with the very thing i bought it for mmm let me think
It's not faulty though and you've been told they're working on getting the function working again, which you chose to disbelieve. You're willing to say goodbye to a TV you think has a great picture and will look for one at the same price with the same wow factor, good luck with that. A simple work around in the period waiting for the update (which is being worked on) would have been to buy a 4K Roku box and plug it into the AV unit. It seems to me a bit like you've cut your nose off to spite your face.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom