1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legal homebrew on Xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by brain_stew, Oct 8, 2005.

1. brain_stew

brain_stew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I'd like to bring this article over at 360updates.qj.net to your attention. It seems that Microsoft are making efforts to allow legal homebrew games on the 360 by way of the Xbox Live Arcade. This seems like a really important and good move on the side of Microsoft and is the type of thing that will only bring more people to the Xbox 360. It seems that Microsoft took note of the amount of modders on the original Xbox what with this, personalisation, and the media functions of the 360. Well done I say.

2. Member 55145

Member 55145
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,489
    hmmm, i see either cost or viruses... probably both coming into play, McAfee Antivirus 360 version anyone? or how about Adaware 360? lol not so keen on home brew running on a box with my credit card details on it.... *looks in bottom right corner of monitor*.... hmm havent seen that their before :rolleyes: :suicide:

PS: BTW i have a modded xbox and love it, i dont even use it to play xbox games :rotfl:

3. brain_stew

brain_stew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Any indie games that appear on Xbox Live Arcade will be chosen by Microsoft, absolutley no chance of viruses at all.

4. mrmcdean

mrmcdean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Agreed

I cant see Microsoft letting anyone post any old game / feature on there that they like. Surely they will run the Ardcade and Marketplace features and so will dictate what goes on.