Legal Aid protection ... not worth it ?

topgazza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always paid for legal aid protection with my insurance but the only time I was going to use it a few years ago they played the "less than 50% chance of winning in our opinion so we won't support it". I took independent advice and won the case easily. So my only experience of using it was a negative one. Thing is , on my wife's Yaris the insurance is only £116 and legal aid protection is £30. I know its an insurance but given the standard "50% probability of winning" clause I may have been wasting money.

Thoughts ?

Fit a dash cam and one in the rear window then there's no argument, I was hit by a lorry that failed to stop last year, showed my insurance company the one minute clip of him hitting me a couple of times then there was no problem, the other company accepted full liability, on the plus side you can take the cameras with you when you change the car. There's a thread lower down about them. Dash cams
Dave

Thought about one of those Dave. Seems a better way to spend my money.

I was wondering if by automatically ticking the yes box for the cover was something others do or not ?

I know when my Wife does her insurance they always ask if she wants it and we say no, just their way of making more money. I'd fit a camera to her car but she doesn't want one, so I've left one in her glove box for when I've got the car.
Dave

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom