• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Legal advice please

murts

just over 5 months ago I needed to have a faulty LCD replaced, the e-retailer brought me a new unit but never picked up the old unit. Since then I've had another collection organised but again they failed to turn up. I've read somewhere that if after 6 months they don't pick up this LCD then legally it's mine.

Does anyone know the law on this or can point me to website containing the info.

Cheers.

neiljones

Which retailer is so badly run that they cannot be bothered to collect their products.

You could fall foul of the Theft Act unless you take all reasonable steps to force you to dispose of the goods.

Serve a notice on them stating that in the event of their failure to collect you will charge them a weekly rental for the storage of the equipment and after a specified period you will dispose of the goods to cover your expenses.

If they take no notice you could be like a cobbler-if goods are not collected within a specified period you will dispose of them-the cobbl;er is owed for the repair (he has a lien on the goods)-you have a lien in view of the rental fees.

Mind you a repair on a lcd might be a very expensive process

leon

hello
take a look at this site its a bit of a mind field but you will be amazed how many right you have
http://www.dti.gov.uk/

murts

spoke to Consumer Direct earlier http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/ they reckon the six month law only applies to unsolicited goods received.

They basically said "tell the retailer to pick up the LCD by X date otherwise you will be forced to do something else with it", they didn't say what the something else should be though......

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom