• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Leftover Euros

signs

Banned
I have about 140e in cash and about 250e on a prepaid card .

I went to a travel agents today with the cash and they offered me £102 for the cash .I said no.

Not sure what to do with the card ?

Should I just keep it all till next years holiday ?

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
If you think the Euro will still exist then sure :)

Or you could sell it to a mate who is going abroad for the 'mid' price.

dc8900

Distinguished Member
if your holiday destination always tend to be within the Eurozone, I'd keep it and spend it when you're next off.

Dony

Distinguished Member
I have about 140e in cash and about 250e on a prepaid card .

I went to a travel agents today with the cash and they offered me £102 for the cash .I said no.

Not sure what to do with the card ?

Book yourself a weekend in Dublin...let me know what flight you are on and I'll collect you. Drinks on you of course :thumbsup:

Book yourself a weekend in Dublin...let me know what flight you are on and I'll collect you. Drinks on you of course :thumbsup:

He will need more cash than that for Dublin :D

Some shops will take Euro and also state the price in Euro at the same time as £. But I think its only in note. Maybe you could buy the other half something ?

Dony

Distinguished Member
He will need more cash than that for Dublin :D

Some shops will take Euro and also state the price in Euro at the same time as £. But I think its only in note. Maybe you could buy the other half something ?

True...but Signs isn't a big drinker...he likes to finish off the night with a cup of tea and a biccie!

johntheexpat

Distinguished Member

Naah, just send it to me, I'll spend it for you. :thumbsup:

Otherwise e-bay may be an option. It does seem sometimes that people are prepared to pay way over the odds for hard euro money. I recently saw just under a hundred euros go for just over a hundred quid. :suicide:

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
"... and we believe this mastermind has laundered nearly £100 in a recent haul (after ebay and paypal fees)"

signs

Banned
True...but Signs isn't a big drinker...he likes to finish off the night with a cup of tea and a biccie!

:laugh: it was about 2 in the morning and we had been drinking all night , and i had to drive home in the morning. Rather that than throw my ring up all down the corridor :lesson: ;) :D

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom