• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Left4Dead 2

Houghsx

Distinguished Member
Good news, I wonder if it will be the same engine?

At least there's no point scoring in this neck of the woods, I think Xbox v Ps3 is in full swing :rotfl:
Of course I know who is king :cool:

namuk

Distinguished Member
Good news, I wonder if it will be the same engine?

At least there's no point scoring in this neck of the woods, I think Xbox v Ps3 is in full swing :rotfl:
Of course I know who is king :cool:

Bet the engine is Tweaked with it coming out that quick ..

no Ps3 also Must not be able to run it ..:)

namuk

Distinguished Member
I wonder if this means no more official stuff for L4D 1? not even another official campaign?

I think we did Well with the DLC for Left 4 dead :thumbsup: would be surprised if there is any more content released due to this fast release , and looks like Valve have give them loads of cash:D

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Have to admit I am surprised they have announced a sequel so quickly - it will inevitably get some fans up in arms over fears the original will now not benefot from an extended period of DLC. Personally I would have much prefered some information about if/when Half Life 2: Episode 3 might appear...or Portal 2 for that matter!

Sinzer

Distinguished Member
Yeah it is a bit of a shame as it means that no new maps will be available.

Seen as this will likely just be a collection of new maps, I hope there is some kind of discount, I don't think I would pay full whack again. Mind you it was my game of the year last year, awesome multiplayer game.

Blitzmage

Slightly annoying for me because I remember when Valve said Left 4 dead would constantly be getting updates when really all we have got to show for it is a survival mode. When I buy a value game i expect support like TF2 gets. Hopefully this is just a paid expansion or something.

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Slightly annoying for me because I remember when Valve said Left 4 dead would constantly be getting updates
Well they didn't lie...Left 4 Dead is being updated - it's just we didn't expect it to updated into a full new game!

AML

I dont think the engine needs any updating (although it would be nice if they did)

As long as the gamplay is improved and they give us more weapons, zombie types and lots and lots of new maps, then ill be a happy zombie basher.

JonnyP24

I have heard that there are going to be different routes through each map and the AI director chooses which path you will take. This along with changing weather conditions as well as it being daytime on certain maps! The witch will be walking around in the daytime making it even more important to watch where your shooting, or walking, don't want to bump into her my mistake or clip her whilst suppressing the horde!

WildeKarde

Distinguished Member
I bought the first one and have not got much of a chance to even play it - not sure if I'll go for the sequel at this rate.

As it's so soon since the last one I think they should offer a discount if you have the 1st one, something like 20% discount or so might be nice

dhue

Standard Member
It does explain why we waited so long for them to do anything with L4D1 the survival pack took ages to be released, and then it was late.. and then SDK was late and that's only in Alpha.

Dont think I ever seen Valve rush a game like this for example:

Counterstrike was released 2000 .. CS:S in 2004
Half Life 1 was released 1998 .. HL2 in 2004
Team Fortress was released 1996 .. TF2 in 2007

Doesn't look good looks like they rushed it especially as they started making L4D2 when they released L4D, they should of focused on L4D for a while like they do with there other games it's why we love valve games... I still find bugs in L4D on a daily basis yesterday I found a new one in the Runway with the tank.

Within weeks me and my mates had played all the campaigns several times and even now I have all the achievements except one from the new SDK pack.

Also it looks too gimmicky I understand they want to show more daylight footage but a big fat dude in a Hawaii t-shirt. In a apocalypse the fit will be the ones left standing and im sure he wouldn't be wearing bright blue and red clothes with no tear or blood on them... he would be a magnet to zombies.

Looks too rushed, there probably only adding melee weapons to shake of competition from Killing Floor, but it should have been in a update along with a few new campaigns.

Defineatly didnt get our money's worth in logetivity as within weeks we were bored of the same campaigns and now SDK is still struggeling to come out... even in this new one theres only 6 and im sure that will be it until L4D3 in another year, how hard is it really to make some maps especially with the professionals in Valve, theres maps being released all the time for TF2 along with new achievements.

Sinzer

Distinguished Member
In a apocalypse the fit will be the ones left standing

There aren't many fat zombies? :)

Maybe everyone got a free membership to their local gym just before the zombie stuff kicked off?

dhue

Standard Member
There aren't many fat zombies? :)

Maybe everyone got a free membership to their local gym just before the zombie stuff kicked off?

True but if there not eating I guess they would be skinny, but you would presume this is shortly after so yeah they should be fat that's technically right.

Naqv

I'm a bit disappointed that it is being released so soon. I haven't even bought the original yet (waiting for it to go down to under a tenner on steam).

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom