1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Left speaker out gone since DD15 arrival

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by rOAdeh, Dec 18, 2004.

1. rOAdeh

rOAdeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi all,

picked up Henry's (Godfather) DD15 today but now have a little problem:

Having plugged in the DD15 i now have no output at all from my left speaker..

Currently my setup consists of:

CD player->Integrated Amp->DD15->Power Amp->Speaker Woofers
    ________________|
    |
    Tweeters

i.e the signal is sent from the cd player to the integrated amp where the tweeters are connected. The signal also goes into the RCA inputs of the DD15 from the integrated amp pre-outs. The RCA output on the DD15 then goes into the pre-in on my power amp which is finally connected to the speaker woofers.

Up until this morning (when the DD15 wasn't here) everything worked fine. Since the DD15 has been put in nothing plays on the left speaker.. not even the tweeter - so it can't be a case of me not wiring the DD15 in correctly. The right speaker plays fine. I have tried plugging the left speaker into the right output and the left speaker then plays fine.

Plugging the right speaker into the left input results in nothing. I then tried plugging the speaker into the second speaker channel and again only the right one plays. I have tried the second channel output from the cd player and again only the right one plays.

If the integrated amps left speaker outputs had blown then both would have had to do so at the same time. But also to not get anything out of the woofer (which assuming is wired correctly given that the right one clearly is) then the left pre-out would also have had to blow.

The amp was off all day and only got switched on by me when i got home. I have not heard any strange noises/or seen smoke or anything.

Am i missing something really obvious here? Or has something seemingly catastrophic happened? Any help much appreciated guys.. im tearing my hair out here trying to work it out!!?

2. rOAdeh

rOAdeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    and it works..

the moral of the story kids is to retry EVERY interconnect..

i hadn't touched the one that in the end proved the guilty party but i guess with just changing things around i must have knocked it..

anyway it works now and its all sounding great :D

3. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    Glad to hear! How does your 2-channel sound like now with your latest addition?