• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Left phone in USA - contract can be renewed today

homer timpson

Prominent Member
Came back from California on Monday and realised I'd left my phone over there - awaiting reply from villa/rental firm to see if it turns up.
Meanwhile, I've contacted Orange who have blocked the phone and are sending me a replacement sim.

My contract ends on 25th August - but I am eligible for an upgrade as of today.

Best they can offer me at the moment on a Galaxy S3 is £29.99 for the phone, unlimited calls & texts & 1GB data for £36/m over 24 months.

I've never went over 200 min/month at the moment or my 500mb on Orange Dolphin, so a big increase in usage is unlikely.

Dialaphone have a deal at the moment over 24 months on Orange:

600 minutes - unlimited texts - 1GB data - free phone - £28.50/month.

If I went for this deal would it be a case of paying my current contract until 25th August [about £40] and simply giving my 30 day notice on 25th July and walking?

Reason being I could order the new phone today and have it tomorrow - rather that wait a few days for the new sim to arrive and trying to find another phone to stick it in. [old phone may/may not turn up Stateside]

Homer

blaster9999

Established Member
Came back from California on Monday and realised I'd left my phone over there - awaiting reply from villa/rental firm to see if it turns up.
Meanwhile, I've contacted Orange who have blocked the phone and are sending me a replacement sim.

My contract ends on 25th August - but I am eligible for an upgrade as of today.

Best they can offer me at the moment on a Galaxy S3 is £29.99 for the phone, unlimited calls & texts & 1GB data for £36/m over 24 months.

I've never went over 200 min/month at the moment or my 500mb on Orange Dolphin, so a big increase in usage is unlikely.

Dialaphone have a deal at the moment over 24 months on Orange:

600 minutes - unlimited texts - 1GB data - free phone - £28.50/month.

If I went for this deal would it be a case of paying my current contract until 25th August [about £40] and simply giving my 30 day notice on 25th July and walking?

yes

I'd start shopping for a new phone now. Retentions can be hit or miss.
Generally had a better deal as a new customer. Esp when you factor in casback either on the phone and quidco

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom