1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Left AND Right Sub Connections?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by JohnnyScot, Jan 31, 2005.

1. JohnnyScot

JohnnyScot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Have just recently got a new sub (M&K350) and when connecting it up wired sub out on Amp (DSP-Z9) to Left (mono) and set amp to mono for sub.

Works fine - in fact brill however.......

Is there any merit, advantage even, in wiring left sub out to left sub in and right sub out to right sub in?

Since it is mono they wil both end up in the same place so I think not however I am waiting to be told otherwise....

John

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Not normally any benefit unless you are having problems with an auto on facility that's a bit lazy as it increases the signal. If your M&K is anything like my SVS it's easier just to switch the auto off

3. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Johnny,

I have exactly the same setup and what you have is correct i would not bother connecting the L/R's as all you will do is increase the sensitivity to the Sub which may or may not be desireable.

4. GliderRider

GliderRider
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a similar connection problem. I have a Denon 3805 with a clearly marked Sub Woofer Coax out connection. But the Kef has two Line inputs, Left and Right. I've currently got the Sub out connected via Coax to the Line input Right?
    How should this be connected?

Thanks

And

5. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    The BK XLS200 has the Right coax marked as Mono, and the instruction booklet gives specific advice to plug a single phono into the right coax. I'd be surprised if the KEF didn't give you some sort of indicaton/guidance - this is a common way of connecting a sub. In the absence of such guidance the way you have it connected now would seem the right way...PJ

6. GliderRider

GliderRider
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks PJ, yes I have got it connected the right way (by accident more than anything)
    Just spoke to Kef Technical support. They were great, gave a load more advice on my speaker system.
    My problem is I've gone "Big Bang", bought everything at once, speakers, DVD Player and receiver. Boxes and manuals everywhere and not much patience.

Thanks for you help!

Andy

7. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Sounds like heaven! Enjoy!...PJ